New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

LFS Boxing Day Sales - Rumours

Started by darkdep, December 01, 2006, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLKelly

Sorry guys - didn't mean to start a tangent ....

What I really meant was when do the flyers get sent out - will we know a week in advance what the specials are???

:D

Karrie

beowulf

Quote from: KLKelly on December 04, 2006, 02:55:51 PM
Sorry guys - didn't mean to start a tangent ....

What I really meant was when do the flyers get sent out - will we know a week in advance what the specials are???

:D

Karrie

I am not sure about in Ottawa but last year in Montreal I received it about 10 days or so before if I remember correctly.

Adam

I went to BA Kanata today...a lot of 90s, a couple 75s, and some 60-65s all stacked around.  Also some larger tanks, like 125 with overflows, 150 plain.  I don't know if the larger ones will be on sale.  I asked about specifics, but all I got was 'come early'. 

I won't be getting the flyer...can anyone post it, or a link to it when they receive it?

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

BigDaddy

Quote from: DarkDep on December 04, 2006, 02:42:49 PM
As Quatro posted, LAST year's boxing day flyer is Here.
And the pre-Xmas flyer from last year is  here

artw

I will ask at the store tonight, if I have time,  and I'll find out when this year's flyer is going to be released.

wu-gwei

Any more updates? I am sure BA staff must be so annoyed with us and I am sure they're lurking around and just laughing at our giddiness. lol :D

Cheers,
JJ ;)

normc

I asked Jody the other day, he said he didn't know yet.

olson78

Anybody seen any flyers for this year yet?

beowulf

Nothing as of yet, last year I had already received both by this time.

artw

I'll ask again when I go in tonight, but I haven't heard or seen anything about Boxing day yet.

adam_ottawa

I note that the posts in this thread quoting prices is in contravention to the Phantom Advertising guideline.

Should these posts be deleted?

artw

I wouldn't exactly say that.  people are merely discussing various prices at stores across the city for the benefit of each other.  Nobody is blatently advertising for a specific store.

Rudy00

if you're not affliated with the store why does it matter?

beowulf

As promissed here are some of the prices from Big Al's in Montreal.....these are not boxing day sales so take another 25% to 75% off the fish from what one of the guys was saying.

65g perfecto kit with pine stand, hood and light for 399.99
210g all glass with steel stand, 2x 36" CL aqualight TS and two x 36" glass covers.  1,399.99 (this is the one I want in my new house)
38g kit with heater and penguin bio wheel filter and a few other things for 209.99
plants are mostly between 3.99 and 5.99 from what I saw.

freshwater fish

yellow labs 5.99
gold severum 9.99
kribs 9.99
clown loachs 5.99
tire track eel 9.99
dwarf pike cichild 9.99
koi angel 5.99
black khuli loaches 2.99
rummynose tetra 2.99 6-11.99 12-19.99

marine
yellow tang 44.99
flame angel 79.99
picasso trigger 59.99
black seahorse 49.99
ocellaris 24.99
red finger 29.99
sea apple 49.99
peppermint shrimp 12.99
red tree sponge 29.99
yellow polyp 39.99
leather 49.99
sand sifting cucumber 29.99

so anyways ran out of room on the paper i had this is just to give you an idea of the price differences not sure about the marine if they are similar to ottawa but people asked me to get prices here you are!!

Insane79

Tee hee hee, a little cyber sluthing and I think I found the boxing week flyer

http://www.bigalscanada.com/boxingdayflyer.htm

I didn't get mine in the mail.  So for those of you who did, can you check and make sure this is truly this year's flyer?

darkdep

The flyer from this year and last year are ALMOST identical...the big items all appear to be the same (for the same prices). 

fishycanuck

Is there any point in going to line up in the early morning if all I want are some platys or some such? I'm NOT GOING TO BUY A TANK. There. I've said it.

babblefish1960

Yes there is my dear fishycanuckness, you will have great fun with gazillions of other shoppers, spend countless hours trying to get the fish out of the tanks and to the cashier, and of course you will buy a tank, largely because you'll see one you know you have a spot for and it's the last one, you would hate to miss such a great price, and really, quite honestly, you know that the MTS bug is so not done with you yet. ;)

Jesse

For all the reptile fans out there, Superpet is having some good deals on Exo-Terra Terrariums, 40% off if i heard correctly. Lots of stuff at 50% off in all departments. Managers special galore at SP barrhaven in the fish department, reptiles is having a few aswell. Fluval 304's are going for $99.99. Aquarium kits are at 30%-40% off I believe aswell. Come check it out when your done at Big Als, should be exciting. Merry Christmas everyone!