New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

hagen tanks

Started by ambushman2j, December 06, 2003, 11:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ambushman2j

Just incase everyone doesn't know, traditional hagen tanks are being discontinued, so you will not be able to get those traditional canopies which sit atop the black trimmed top hagen tanks, they are making a corporate move into solely "glo-light" tanks where there is no black trim on the top or bottom, they are also reffered to as european style..alot of people have been looking for those old type canopies and most stores are already sold out and cannot get anymore, so if yours is going downhill I would suggest you start calling around before it's too late

aidensmomma2000

Thanks for the info! I think most of us have older tanks  :wink:

ambushman2j

no, you can't.  unless they know how to make them themselves they can't hagen has discontinued them in favor of pushing their brand of all glass light glo tanks, this is city wide, trust me I have had customers calling and asking our store because they have already called the aquarium services and other such stores with no luck

Pisidan

I was at Big als on friday and they told me I could still get the hagen old stuff that was in the store..like the canopies cause I was looking for one for my 20 gallon hagen tank!! But they had some nice tanks with canopies there 10 gallons with hood believe it was the floresent 39.99 not bad!!

liv

what are ( if any ) the advantages to the new types of tanks sold by hagen ?

ambushman2j

Yeah they are allowed to sell what they have in stock, but once it's gone you will not be able to get anymore, when the hagen warehouse is out of stock, they can't get anymore, and when they are out, there's no more from that location, there's already stores running out of things like 25 gallon starters, 33 gallon starters, you just can't get them at certain stores, 77 gallon canopies are out of stock I beleive, we can no longer get them, which means now you have to get sliding glass lids for your old style hagen 77s

ambushman2j

Other then a little more stylish the only big difference is that there's no glass under the light, which means your light will not be difused, it will be better for plant setups, even the regular single balist will do better then the old styles, glass contains lead which will difuse UV lighting, which plants need to do well, (along with many other things) therefore no glass = your getting the full use of your light..furthermore, the starter kits are exactly the same price as the old styles right now

dpatte

Can somone post a picture of the new tank style into the gallery section of this website?

ambushman2j

hagen site doesn't have any pictures of the 2 parts together (tank and canopy) not sure where else to get a photo of it

ambushman2j

That's alot of work, I am not sure I would be that comfortable leaving a 600$ camera in my car for 8 hours in a parking lot

Pisidan

Ambushman do you u have these new tanks at your store cause if you do I can always stop by sometime and take a picture since Im always dropping in to see what is new!! Than I can post for everyone to see!!

ambushman2j

yes, we have many many, the new plant tank setups are in as well, they are all the same style

ambushman2j

alright, come by after 6pm and you can take the pics