New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Spencer Jack Uruguay Collecting Trip

Started by PaleoFishGirl, February 27, 2007, 08:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nerine

yes...that's what it looks like to me that the airfare is on top that...

but I checked...from Ottawa to Montevideo it's 1400$ <-quick edit> it depends on what time you go too!! but that was a rough estimate
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

scorpion-stinger

DAMMM!!! thats too bad I wish I could go on this exciting trip. Unfortuanatly I can't cross the border :( :D ::)

Nerine

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

PaleoFishGirl

You are correct.  "Airfare to Montevideo is above this price. (flight connects through Miami I will be working on group deals)"

scorpion-stinger

Ahhhh  :-[ got caught with a reefer when I was younger  :D lol. So now I have a criminal record  :D

beowulf

Quote from: scorpion-stinger on March 02, 2007, 11:16:07 AM
Ahhhh  :-[ got caught with a reefer when I was younger  :D lol. So now I have a criminal record  :D

How long ago?  You can get a pardon very easy to fix this.

artw

this trip is very reasonably priced for what you get.  people pay more for that for a week in Cuba and you don't even get to bring home fish.

I am definately interested in this trip.   PFG did Spencer give you an idea if this was imminent? or within the next 6-12 months?

beowulf

Quote from: artw on March 02, 2007, 11:53:34 AM
this trip is very reasonably priced for what you get.  people pay more for that for a week in Cuba and you don't even get to bring home fish.

I am definately interested in this trip.   PFG did Spencer give you an idea if this was imminent? or within the next 6-12 months?

I was under impression it was thins coming November. So about 6 months.

babblefish1960

Spencer Jack definitely mentioned this coming November, and he said also, that if there were enough people, he would just stay down there and greet two separate consecutive trips, so numbers didn't seem to be an issue.

artw

hmm. this year Uruguay, and Malawi in 2 years. Yeah, I can handle that ;)

babblefish1960

email from spencer jack.

Most importantly I have the itinerary of the first trip to Uruguay in November.  Folks who are interested I have the trip itinerary and the all inclusive costs of the trip during the stay.  I am aiming for the first week of November time frame for a 10 day trip to be the first one. I will be taking small deposits soon to reserve space as I am limited to the number of people I can take for a successful trip.  If you wish to be placed on the Uruguay updates please reply to this email asking to be added to the list and I will keep you up to date with all future updates on this and subsequent trips.

scorpion-stinger

artw

jody can you post, or send me the email address for that mailing list?

beowulf

babblefish1960

I'll see what I can do, it sounds technical, maybe I'll get succinctfish to do that, she's both smarter and better looking than I. ;)

zapisto

damnit
No apistogramma :(
i am a bit frusttated :) hhehe
well have crenichicla .... but still :(

bitterman

Quote from: babblefish1960 on March 02, 2007, 01:12:40 PM
email from spencer jack.

Most importantly I have the itinerary of the first trip to Uruguay in November.  Folks who are interested I have the trip itinerary and the all inclusive costs of the trip during the stay.  I am aiming for the first week of November time frame for a 10 day trip to be the first one. I will be taking small deposits soon to reserve space as I am limited to the number of people I can take for a successful trip.  If you wish to be placed on the Uruguay updates please reply to this email asking to be added to the list and I will keep you up to date with all future updates on this and subsequent trips.

People the deer hunt will be passing this trip up ;)

homestar726

I think this is a crazy wicked idea. Count me in, if I can manage to scrounge up the money. I got the passprt already  :D Just one last thing holding me back  8)

artw

it's not overly expensive, for what you get...  the only downside is I don't think there is actually any scuba diving or snorkelling, well maybe a bit of snorkelling.   I can crawl around mudpuddles looking for fish in Ontario

homestar726

You cant find tropical fish in Ontario :D