New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Did everyone get what they wanted at the auction?

Started by hummer, March 04, 2007, 07:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoisonJello

man i wish I could have made it to the auction but at least hearing about all your good deals and the nice stuff you got..... is just as if you rubbed salt in an open wound  ;D

at least it sounds like you all had a great time and hopefully i will be able to make to next time  ;)

mseguin

I got pretty much what I wanted, a couple of very nice aggies, a couple rams, a couple yellow gold cacs boguht from zapisto, and my awesome L75 para pleco.

hummer

Hey does anyone know how much the pond uv sterilizer and fluval fx5 went for?  I was really curious what type of price those item caught.  Everytime the auction comes up i wish i had a planted tank. There are always so many plants to bid on.  I found that all the pleco's caught a pretty good price too...  I was trying to get some BN pleco's...

That five gallon nano tank was a nice setup too...

darkdep

I believe the FX5 went for $160...gmann got it (great deal!!  Even if it was sans hoses :) )

beowulf

Quote from: DarkDep on March 05, 2007, 07:21:17 AM
I believe the FX5 went for $160...gmann got it (great deal!!  Even if it was sans hoses :) )

I was thinking about that one for my 210g would have been perfect....but after the nano had no money left for the FX5.

jgolden

DANG!    I Misread when the auction was going to be. I could have sworn I had another week or 2 to prepare for it. *sigh* missed is again - 2 years running.

Heidi

Hey, does anyone know who put the royal pleco in - I was lucky enough to win it and I want to say thanks!!!

This was soooo much fun. This was my first year and it was better than I had hoped for. Next year I want to stay for the whole thing and bring more $$$$$$$.
120 gal - Salt water Fish Only
25 gal - Salt Water Reef
Rotti named Nimh
Cat named Yoda
Numerous Bearded Dragons
Numerous BP's and other snakes
Numerous other geckos and lizards

oenology

I actually won a raffle prize - a nice emperer 280 filter plus catridges donated by Pet Circus - thanks.

Wanted the FX-5 and the red slate but got out bid. I did get the pond pump which I'm very pleased with as mine gave up the ghost at the end of August last year.

I'm happy that the Texas, Midas and Green Terror found homes.

The icing on the cake is that when I got home I found my Ps. williamsi 'North' had been monkeying around and and one big female is holding. Hopefully she will keep them this time!

beowulf

It would seem the undergravel filter that was suppose to be with my nano cube got auctioned off seperatly  :'(.  Ohh well I guess things happen when there are so many items and so little time.  Whomever got it hope i works well LOL  ;)

Adam

I got a large bunch of anubias and some microworms (thanks gonna_b_no_1).  The plants were highly competitive and the prices went up quite a bit...

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers

zippitygirl

My first auction and I had a great time...(even if zippity laughed at my raised and lowered hand technique), which seems I mastered over the few hours... check zippity's post for our bought treasures. We really didn't go to buy anything, more for the meeting and greeting and atmosphere of the whole auction but I think I may have I got caught up in the action. All in all a great time had.

Thanks guys.. great job putting it together...

zapisto

Thanks For OVas and their Exec and Volunteer.
i can say , it was one of the best Giant , if not the best i attend in ottawa.
great Job.

unfortunely we have to leave early , but i had time to put my hand on a pair of gorgeous Albino BN (not breeder yet in my opinion , even if the saler write breeder on it) and a trio of Huge breder of rainbow.

want to make special thanks to :

- PaleoFishGirl for always smile , make things easy :)
- Babblefish1960 for get our link between Aquanourriplus and OVAS you are the man Jody
- Bigdaddy to be there when it is need

i have a great but short time there , hope i will come more often :)
thanks.

PS : For those who want yellow/Gold cacs (very nice) , Borelli (very nice) , and bumble bee neritina just contact me
PS2: I did not have a chance Join, who is in charge of that ?

rockgarden

Until about 6:30PM Sunday night, I had achieved what my wife wanted.  More room in my house. More room in my tanks.  And then I stopped selling raffle tickets and presto my right arm went completely out of control  :D

Hope my big plecos made it home with their new owners okay. And to the folks who bought my 7 no-name Africans, congratulations, you are now their fourth owners (i.e. at least two people owned them before they arrived in my tanks).

To the individual who asked me if it was too late to buy raffle tickets, congrats for winning a skimmer.  And to the person who came even later to buy tickets, congrats on winning another large prize.  And to all of those who, like me, bought raffle tickets and didn't win anything, a big thank you from my wife. At least, while I was selling you raffle tickets, my right arm wasn't in the air bidding on things I would never need  ::)

My best sales: Aside from the plecos, which I hated to part with, I once again made all my profit on duckweed and java moss ;D

The person who got the best deal on my items:  Kennyman

My best deal: $2 for a non-working canopy from Babblefish - By midnight I found the burnt-out circuit in the ballast which would definitely cost more than $2 to replace but the end caps are still nice :D .  Tearing things apart and searching for the problem gave me something to do while acclimatizing 29 yellow labs to their new surroundings after having driven back downtown from Kanata to pick them up from the front foyer :D  :'( . The canopy provided at least $2 in entertainment value.More fun than a Meccano set.

A special big thanks to all the sponsors who donated great prizes for the raffle this year and to those who donated items to the club for sale during the auction.  Support like this is needed to keep the club functioning and growing.

Hope to see you all at the next meeting - I might have some no-name (a.k. feeder or pond) gold fish for the next mini-auction as the result of a right arm reflex motion when others had stopped bidding  8).

Ron

bitterman

I wanted that 75 LOL... but it was not in the cards.

I missed out on the Golden Head adult male comps.. Very nice fish!!!!!!!

Got a $11 acryllic aquarium, heater, filter, light etc! Even cam with a floral grow bulb! What an awsome deal!

It was my fist action. I helped out a little with stuff. Boy it was long!!  and I did get in a little trouble when I got home.

I was also happy to get the red cherry shirmp now alone in my 20.... Hope to see some... big tank for just shirmp.. Going to catch my adult bn's and put them in there also... so they breed (fry get eaten in my 195).

Bruce

kennyman

Quote from: rockgarden on March 05, 2007, 10:54:21 AM
My best sales: Aside from the plecos, which I hated to part with, I once again made all my profit on duckweed and java moss ;D

The person who got the best deal on my items:  Kennyman

I ended up with a bit more Flourite than I needed but too much is better than not enough  ::)

I really could not believe it when no one else bid for those two bags. Getting a good substrate for my new tank project was my main goal at the auction and I certainly got what I was looking for. Thats twice now Ron. I think I will have to name the first born fish in that tank after you ;D

Nerine

haha I was in big trouble...
when I called home to say I was on my way first thing he said "what did you buy?" and I said "Honey I love you" and he replied "You're not bringing whatever it is home!"

BUT!!!! He LOVES the yellow labs :D woohoo!!! Said their colour was remarkable even though they were stressed. Whew is all I had to say! ;)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

aroc

for the 2nd year in a row I got burned, got like my 3rd backup plan from what I went there intending to get :( who could have imagioned my 2nd choice 6 large labidochromis caerrelus could go upwards of 65$ :/ once again I only got 5 fish in my tank.. oh well, my brother going to give me a bunch of his large yellow labs which were actually fry I gave him a couple years ago so I suppose it all worked out

big ups to my fiance whom didn't break up with me when nothing I wanted to bid on came up until about 4pm and I said we could probly get out of there by 2 latest.. she had a decent time considering she's not into fish at all.. once again I wish to say they should bring back the "rush" tags  :(

darkdep

That's why the Auctions are so fun.  Seeing the items that seemingly go so high (Like those $65 labs!) and those that go so low (Ok, WHY was nobody bidding on the fluorite?).

I wanted more red rock but from where I was sitting, I never even saw it :)

beowulf

Quote from: DarkDep on March 05, 2007, 01:27:24 PM
That's why the Auctions are so fun.  Seeing the items that seemingly go so high (Like those $65 labs!) and those that go so low (Ok, WHY was nobody bidding on the fluorite?).

I wanted more red rock but from where I was sitting, I never even saw it :)

I wanted the fluorite but my money was gone for the nano  ???

adam_ottawa

I got 4 kribs for my community tank, a bunch of semi-broken flower pots, white worm starter culture (loaded with lots of worms) and two intake tubes for an AC filter (perfect timing).

My friend bought a bunch of plants, two huge blue gouramis and some odds and sods.

It was a great auction day!  Unfortunately I couldn't stay too late but I basically got what I wanted and saw what I wanted to see.

Until next year!