New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Does big Als take fish?

Started by plecoL83, June 29, 2007, 12:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plecoL83

I have 2 blue gouramis that I'm thinking of getting rid of for some female bettas and possibly a few tetras (maybe neither but I'd like something new) and I remembered reading somewhere on OVAS about big als taking fish, but I forget, do they?

Thanks in advance.
PlecoL083 :)

bettabreeder

I don't know about big al's but I do know that any super pet will take them if they need them.

Crumpet

Big Als does accept fish for trade in, and your best bet is to come Mon-Fri.  If you have to do it on the weekend, I'd arrive early -- the afternoons can be super busy, so much so that they have a policy written up in the fishroom (at least at Innes) with the listed hours they accept trade ins. I would aim for 10:00 -10:30am  I would also call ahead and be sure that they have room available to take your fish.

mdaigle

I was told (by the fish dept manager) that SP stores have stopped accepting fish since becoming Pet Smart stores.

Michel

55g FW Community - Neons, Cardinals, Rasboras, YoYo Loaches
30g - Lake Malawi Cichlids
20g - TBD
15g - Guppies
15g - Guppies
10g - Grow out
10g - QT/Hospital

plecoL83

Yes I read the super pet does not take fish anymore now that they are proporty of petsmart, and thank you very much crupet for the advice. :)

BigDaddy

With Big Al's, it is usually best to call ahead and see if they want them.  If they already have a tank full of convicts, they aren't going to want to take another batch of 50.

Zoe

Big Al's has always taken a few fish off my hands when I needed them to, for store credit.  I've always called first, though.

artw

We'll take the fish, come and see me tonight (Art) from 6-9 at Innes
Ordinarily yes you should call first, but since I know what you are bringing, and I know what we have in the fish room,  I can say O.K.

Zoe

Art do you want another tiger cuke?  Hahh I'm kidding, I see how many you already have!

plecoL83

actually I may not be able to bring them in tonight (soccer) but early next week would probably work.