New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Sick Fish

Started by Angel, January 01, 2008, 11:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLKelly

GREAT NEWS!!!!! I hope she kept it down!

dan2x38

What kind of flakes are you feeding her. Goldfish are a herbivore. Most people feed them the same thing as other fish. Goldfish need vegetable matter for their digestive system's to work properly.

Kerrie if you want to stop by I can give you some spirlina flakes for Reba. If she is eating flakes she should go for these. I can also throw in some Zoe liquid vitamins to soak some flakes in. Also I can pull a sponge from somewhere to give more of a bio-filter for her.

Damn it all this fish will recover! :)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Angel

incase anyone is wondering what happened with Reba, well Kerri, Dan and I worked very hard to get Reba better. She is one little fighter. After being in a hospital tank and being medicated, Reba is now back in her normal tank and is doing great. She is still gaining her strength back but does swim around and even swims up to the top, but of course sinks back down as she has swim bladder. I couldnt have gotten her better without Dan and Kerri though. Right now we are waiting for my numbers to stabalize then we're gunna do one more treatment, and hopefully she'll grow into a beautiful girl.

Vizerdrix

I'm so happy to hear about that Angel!  Keep up the great work!  And thanks for the update. :)

KLKelly

Angel - you have really done an amazing job doing everything needed.  You have learned so much too.  I'm glad your mom is getting attached to her too :)

I was able to see Reba before the treatment.  One week later - she was like a completely different fish.  Seeing her wiggle swim and eat is something I will never forget.  Yep - only the prazi left - after we figure out why the heck you are seeing ammonia.

Good job Angel :)

dan2x38

Quote from: KLKelly on February 05, 2008, 11:16:57 PM
Yep - only the prazi left - after we figure out why the heck you are seeing ammonia.

Good job Angel :)

Their is still a mini cycle happening. It will stablize watch...  ;) Angel just keep doing small water changes with the Prime. What are your readings? NH3=, NO2=, NO3=  Using any salt in the water?

Angel you've done a lot for little Reba good work. She is one expensive fish!  8)
Voltaire:

Angel

darn right shes expensive haha, in the past few weeks I''ve spent like 80 bucks, then all the medicine kerri has given me, and then the sponge and plants u gave me...geesh! Anyway the test we had for NitrAte was giving us strange readings so Kerri said to throw it out.

pH is now at 7
Ammonia - 0 (yay)
NitrIte - 0 (yay)

Reba is SOOOOOOOOO active now haha she is just everywhere. I don't know if its my imagination but I think shes getting fatter too from eating the medicated gel food Kerri gave me.

The heater in there has now stabalized between 74 and 76.

Only thing I mentioned over on GAB is that I noticed some stringy poop this morning, it was like there was a hair in her butt cause it was like invisable but trailing behind her, it eventually came off.

Man Kerri if you could see her now! You would be so impressed haha. I just got a new camera I'll take a video and show u all.

KLKelly

I can't wait to see pictures!  I replied to your GAB post.  Most likely you picked a good name for Reba.  It sounds like she may be female.

I am now trying for gender neutral names because I'm wrong a lot : )  Libby was such a bad name for a male goldfish.

Angel

dan2x38

Holy Crap!!! Way KEWL what a little success story...  :) She is chubby again. Just like any other goldie rooming around looking for food... LOL little piglet...  ;D Looks like she has been eating the plant too that is great natural food is the best for them. Maybe one day she'll be swimming in the water column :crossing fingers: Nice job Angel! Aren't you glad you never flushed her?  ???

OH Libby can be a man's name, remember 'Gordon Libby'?  ;) Goggle if ya don't.  ::)
Voltaire:

Vizerdrix

That's great Angel!  Look at her go! :)  She is so active and chubby!

BrownCow

Hey I am new here, and I was not even the biggest fan of goldfish... but I read this thread and just viewed the last video you posted.  Just wanted to say I'm so happy/relieved that your fish is doing so awesome!  It is amazing to see this kind of support for a fish owner in need.  Angel and everyone else, you did the right thing for this fish and it is heartwarming!

Cheers,
AndyB

Angel

thanks so much brown cow. I am so happy shes better. I was never a big goldfish fan either, until I got one and realized what personalities they have. I never knew I could be so attatched to a fish.