New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

angelfish fry

Started by soleil1980, May 17, 2011, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soleil1980

Hi everyone!

I have 2 angelfish couples, each one in their own tank.  The both spawned last week within a few days of each other.  I transfered the driftwood and the clay pot the spawned on to an empty 10g.  Everything went well and I now have about 50 little ones swimming around!  I feed them frozen baby brine shrimps.  They started free swimming yesterday. 
My dilema:  I am leaving Friday until Sunday night....  I know they have to be fed like 3-4 times a days....  Is there anything I can do to keep them alive over the weekend?!  How about thos cubes they sell in fish stores?  I know they dirty the water but if I do a water change Friday morning and another one as soon as I get home do they have a chance????
60g guppies, female bettas, bushynose plecos, cories, apistos
2 x 5.5g male bettas
10g bredding tank for bettas,
2.5g male betta
20g, divided with babies (bettas, plecos and cories)

Saltcreep

I would definitely stay away from those weekend feeders; too much unknown stuff in there, they've been known to pollute a tank in the blink of an eye. I'm betting your fry would probably accept finely powdered flake food. Hopefully, they haven't already become hooked on the brine shrimp. If they'll take the flake, an automatic feeder will do the job for you. I have three Eheim's now, and I swear by them because I spend a lot of time away from my fishroom. Big Al's just had them on sale at their sidewalk sale for $45. If you would like to try one out, and if we can make the connection, I have brand new one I can let you borrow for the weekend. They feed up to four times per day and the amount at each feeding is easy to control.

PM me if you're interested.