New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Viewing Tank From Both Sides

Started by Bone, March 17, 2014, 08:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bone

Hi Folks,

I am setting up a 90 gal Tanganyikan cichlid tank, not planted, aragonite substrate, lots of rocks, and I intend to have it located on top of a half wall made of brick. This will allow viewing from both sides of the aquarium. I am a little concerned about how the tank will look since there will not be a background scene attached, so you would see right through the tank to the other side, which is the intent of course. But I remember looking at my other tanks when I first set them up prior to attaching the background or when I changed the background scene, and it really looked ... less than spectacular. I guess with nothing to reflect the lights, it really looked a bit "plain".

I'm sure some of you have done this, or have seen some tank setups like this. I have not. How does it look, and are there some things I should consider doing to increase the viewing pleasure for this type of presentation?

Cheers. :o

fischkopp

I think it will depend on your intend, do you want to have the tank just visible from two sides, or do you actually plan to look through it to the other side. It really depends what appeals to you.

I would add an arrangement of rock in the middle of the tank, middle here meaning depth from front to back. The deeper the tank, the better can that be done.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031