New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Magic Marine Dosing Pump Group Order

Started by Severum, March 14, 2012, 03:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Severum

Hey all,

To try and stabalize my tank parameters I'm looking at dosing pumps and ideally low cost ones. I'm considering getting the following and want to see if there is interest in the forum for a group buy. Maybe we can get a discount and save on shipping.

Here is the dosing system in consideration:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marine-Magic-aquarium-dosing-pump-Triple-/280837366250?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item41633621ea

Now I haven't gone too deep in the thread but here is a discussion about the system:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1938900

Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

daworldisblack

Looks interesting from browsing the thread so far. Looking at a solution to auto-dosing a planted aquarium and this looks hopeful.
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Hookup

would be an outstanding price... most dosing solutions are $100/pump... the one you found is $50/pump...  almost no reason not to run baling method for your reef at that price...

Severum

No interest in these bad boys?

The idea for the group order is that we get each unit for around $130 with free shipping.
Regards,
Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

Severum

Somewhere in the reefcentral thread some people have been able to get the doser as low as $135. I haven't made a proposal yet as I'd like to see how much interest we get. What's the point of getting a deal for10 dosers when theres only 2 people interested.
Regards,
Steve Everum

120 gallon reef

Rybren

I haven't checked that thread out for quite some time, but it seems to me that the price had pretty much gone up to the $200 +/- range.
120G Reef

Severum

I'm gonna place an order for this. I got the guy to $160 for 1 shipped or $155 for 2 shipped. Does anyone wanna get in on this with me? You'll be saving on shipping from Honk Kong.

Let me know. Order is going out tomorrow.
Regards,
Steve Everum

120 gallon reef