New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plantaholics

Started by Got Fish?, January 30, 2015, 10:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiewill

Quote from: charlie on February 09, 2015, 09:36:17 AM
I`m in.
I really think we should have some sort of plant related topic as a main feature, along with questions from anyone addressed by others. Errol

I agree and I'm actively looking, and loudly thinking: What topic could we do???? I wanted to have someone do a demo set up of a dirted tank and talk about the dos and don'ts but my expert isn't available. If someone has an idea, or has experience with something for which they'd wouldn't mind doing a 15 minute demo, it would be great. Those of you who've been to plantaholics meetings know how informal these things are. It'd be like a chat with friends about something you know a lot about.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

wolfiewill

Quote from: exv152 on February 08, 2015, 11:11:25 PM
Count me in!

I can't think of a better backdrop to a plantaholics social than a planted 220g.

It's 300 gallons.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

exv152

Quote from: lucius on February 09, 2015, 03:53:25 PM
Isn't it a 300 gallon?

My bad, and I was just there too. I won't give anything away but suffice to say it looks awesome.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Richard

Greg, how about you doing a bit on just how you maintain such a magnificent large aquarium, I'

exv152

Quote from: Richard on February 10, 2015, 07:36:34 AMGreg, how about you doing a bit on just how you maintain such a magnificent large aquarium, I'

That's a great suggestion. To take it one step further, how about going through every detail of the tank; including lighting, substrate, fert dosages, root tabs, co2 diffusion, fish, plants etc.?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Dxpert

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

wolfiewill

Quote from: Richard on February 10, 2015, 07:36:34 AM
Greg, how about you doing a bit on just how you maintain such a magnificent large aquarium, I'

Ok. We're up to 7. Anyone else?

Richard? You can't end your post with "I'....". It leaves someone else to fill in the rest.... like this....
... bring the beer, wine and anything else you need. I'll even wash your car and mow the lawn before I come in"... :)

Sounds great Richard. Thanks. And if it makes sense, then, yah, I'll talk about the big tank in the room. But are you coming?

BigDaddy

Any room for a long forgotten plant freak?

Got Fish?

I'll stop in if its still going after 5.

charlie

Quote from: BigDaddy on February 11, 2015, 01:44:45 PM
Always  room for plant freaks ;D,  hmmm  am I  to assume you got the bug again?
looking forward to  seeing you around  bud.

Richard

I guess I'm in too!
Now what was I about to say.... ????
It wasn't anything about cars or lawns, must have been beer.
Oh yeh, I got the beer.
I guess Dave will close early now

Lexx

I'm in but I'll need the address! Also can I bring something?

dobergoat

would love to come...address? and should we bring anything?

fischkopp

Quote from: BigDaddy on February 11, 2015, 01:44:45 PM

It's been a while. Good to see you checking in!

I am tentatively in.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

wolfiewill

Ok, so I'm trimming and scrubbing for the Plantaholics meeting on Saturday (2ish to 7ish). We are 14 at the moment, but there's always room to fit others. If anyone else is coming, please pm me for the location.

Also, due to the numbers, I expect it'll get warm here, so I'll need to open a window. This may make the floor cold, so bring indoor shoes or heavy socks.

I'll have everything so there's no need to bring anything except for plants to trade or give away. Woohooo..... I'm pumped! Cheers. Everyone

lucius

I bought too much osmocote root tabs from ebay so if anyone wants some, let me know...free!

I'm also looking for some tenellus to replace the blyxa that keeps melting in my tank.

wolfiewill

Quote from: lucius on February 26, 2015, 12:12:34 PM
I'm also looking for some tenellus to replace the blyxa that keeps melting in my tank.

I have lots of tenellum (aka tenellus), but I'm not sure it'll do any better than Blyxa if lighting is the limiting factor. I find tenellum needs as much, or more light. I've got them both in 2 or 3 tanks, so you can judge for yourself when you get here Saturday.

lucius

I have both tenellum and blyxa in the same tank.  I find the tenellum is doing better so I was just going to stick with one type of foreground plant.

So I guess I have blyxa available also but the stems are very short.

No one else is bringing anything?

Lexx

Greg, thanks again for hosting! You have a beautiful home and what a fishroom. I had a great time seeing everyone, both new faces and old.

Thanks Brian for the Root tabs. I'll give them a try and let you know how they work out.

Thanks Mike and Errol for the plants. I will have to post some pics for some identification later.

I am so glad i found this site and joined the club. I hope i can give back as much as you all have given me.

Morgan