New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Demasoni holding

Started by dpatte, January 18, 2008, 12:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

I'm happy to report that a now have a female demasoni holding.

For my yellow labs, I put holding females in a maturnity tank, with piles of slate for the released fry to swim into and hide within - this has worked well.

What I need to know is whether demasonii fry and lab fry are close to the same size when released - Can I put the demasoni in the same maturnity tank that currently has a few holding labs?

1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

rnish

I would think that would be fine. As long as you remove the adults as they finish spitting as they might feel each others brood are lunch.
Jade

lucky777

At one point I had about 60 Demansoni fry and 40 lab fry in a 30 gallon mixed with some pseudotropheus fry. I never had any issues with mixing fry in a tank. As a matter of fact I tonight I threw in some Pseudo. fry that I found when cleaning my tank , into my 20 gallon that is holding some red zebra fry that are a month or 2 old. They just hid immediately and came out a few minutes ago to eat when I fed.

Brine

Nice work Dave I have about 10 Demasoni now and I hope to get some more soon but I think I need a bigger tank first. Hmmm that would be tank # 7