New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Enter Now! January 2009 OVAS Photo Contest

Started by groupie02, January 20, 2009, 12:03:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

groupie02

Who would have guessed? After the last photo contest of 2008 comes the first OVAS Photo Contest of 2009!

Rules:

• Everyone is welcome to participate.
  • You can make a single entry only.  Enter your best picture!
  • Photos must be your own, and must be aquarium related.
  • The photo must NOT have been previously entered in an OVAS photo contest.
  • Entries will be accepted until January 27th.  Voting will follow, and the winner will be announced around January 30th.
  • By entering a photo into the contest, you agree to grant OVAS specific usage rights to the photo (for possible inclusion in future photo galleries, newsletters, or promotional material).  You are NOT granting ownership rights, just usage rights.  You may watermark your photo with copyright information if you wish.
  • Photos preferably will be 1024x768 pixels in size. You can upload them using "Reply > Additional Options > Attach".
  • Photos may not be changed for another; choose wisely, choose once.
  • During voting, photos will be voted on by forum members.  One vote per person.
  • Photo Quality matters, but the interest of the photo should come first.
  • To enter, simply post in this thread with your photo attached.

Good luck to all entrants this month!

dan2x38

I hate going first I think it is a curse but I did ask for it... so here goes.

Here is my flowering Anubias barteri var. nana with a Red Onion Nerite Snail.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Cheebs

This is a pic of my Decorated Sand Goby and an Acan coral, with a little hermit who decided to pop in. I just noticed that he's sitting on a snail too!

Jkhuu

Here's a pic that was taken of newly hatched discus frys.  Seems like they are floating in space with the sun in the background, but they are actually stuck to the glass in small groups.  Enjoy !!

Cheers

John

fishboy

Heres a picture of my cleaner shrimp! Also there is some star polyps and my brains !
:)
(i down sized the picture i hope it turns out.. )

wish_Fish

here it goes... a pic of my 65 gallon planted tank. the male koi angel is showing off his beauty like he always does. too bad the discus are hiding under the lotus leaves...

fischkopp

Hungry ...  :)

Schomburgk's Leaf Fish - Polycentrus schomburgki

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

xenon

Curious scarlet hermit crab in my nano.

Anja

Oscar the brig, hunting for tasty morsels at the surface.

250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

jstrrr

washefuzzy

clouxles

This is a picture of one of my female Potamotrygon Reticulata (Stingray).  I have had her just over 2 years (with 2 others 1 male and another female). They are housed in 72 x 24, 210 gallon tank. One tankmate, a Black Ghost Knife (currently 8 inches). She is almost 20 inches long with a disc about 10 inch diameter.

Mark D.
210 gallon 3 Ornate Bichirs, 1 Dhelezi Bichir, 1 Rope Fish, Black Ghost Knife, Royal Pleco, Fire Eel, Clown Loach, BN Pleco
125 gallon Elephant Nose, Rainbows, Gourami (Pearl - Blue) Plecos (BN & Clown)

Go big or go home... no more MTS for me

sofront

woah! nice pics everyone.

Here's a close-up shot of my Gibberosa (Mabilibili variant) alpha-male who's around 4 years-old.
(hope this attachment works)

dines_anan

PowderPurple

Guess my coral.

Jeff1192

One of my rams.

17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

crazy 4 fish

One of my zebra loaches hiding in the plants :)

exv152

I must say, the photos in this contest are amazing, and reassuring at the same time to see so many people so pationate about the hobby!!!  Heres my entry...it's a 75 gal natural amazon biotope (kind of biotope). 

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

washefuzzy

Quote from: sofront on January 23, 2009, 03:02:47 PM
woah! nice pics everyone.

Here's a close-up shot of my Gibberosa (Mabilibili variant) alpha-male who's around 4 years-old.
(hope this attachment works)

He is majestic looking.

Hookup

Quote from: PowderPurple on January 25, 2009, 09:05:43 PM
Guess my coral.

Well given the title of the jpg is Elegance, i'm gunna go with Elegance coral...  8)  Nice photo BTW, very well shot... I assume the blue is from actinics only as i've never seen that coloring before.

Slyman

This is my late entry :D

Guess when this is taken....

groupie02