New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Enter Now! December 2009 OVAS POTM Contest

Started by fischkopp, December 17, 2009, 01:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fischkopp

This is the XMAS edition. After having one gorgeous entry last month, we can do it better this time. What's better to escape the xmas trouble than spending a few hours in front of the tank. :)

Let it coming ...

Who can participate?
Everyone is welcome to participate!

Which photos can be entered?
Photos must be your own, and must be aquarium related. Photo Quality matters, but the interest of the photo should come first.

Can I enter several photos?
You can make a single entry only. Enter your best picture! Photos may not be changed for another. This contest is held monthly; if you have other pictures you want to enter do it in the next month.

Until when do I have to submit my photo and when does the contest end?
This is a monthly contest. Entries will be accepted until December 31st. Voting will follow, and the winner will be announced at the end of the month. During voting, photos will be voted on by forum members. Everyone will have one vote (but cannot vote for themselves).

What is the preferred format?
Photos preferably will be 1024x768 pixels in size. If you chose to attach a picture remember that the file size must be below 2MB, preferably smaller. OVAS may resize pictures that exceed the preferred dimension.

How can I enter my picture?
To enter, simply post in this thread with your photo attached. You can upload them using "Reply > Additional Options > Attach". Alternatively, you can host your picture on another website and insert an image link.

Usage agreement
By entering a photo into the contest, you agree to grant OVAS specific usage rights to the photo (for possible inclusion in future photo galleries, newsletters, or promotional material). You are NOT granting ownership rights, just usage rights. You may watermark your photo with copyright information if you wish.

Other conditions
The photo must NOT have been previously entered in an OVAS photo contest.

Good luck to all entrants this month!
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

nissannx

come on 50% odds of winning

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hookup

Water buckets of awesomeness... These are magic water buckets... They were given to me by elves...

nissannx

Hookup

Quote from: nissannx on December 17, 2009, 07:49:13 AM
d'oh now its a 33.3333333333%
Not really.. ;)  I figure either magic buckets is a win (my personal opinion) or it's still 50/50... LOL...

kerisb

Rybren

120G Reef

Jeff1192

My 90 gallon planted

17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

ciaus

My Red Checker Board Discus

groupie02

I was expecting to see Santa hats in all the pictures...  :(

bitterman

gemmate

Here is mine picture

Vincenzo.

^^ that is TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AWESOME. i want cuttles.

mkowals2

Are those cuttlefish!? They look so neat! I'm assuming they're saltwater?

gemmate

Yes it is the cuttlefish, but not mine. It is incredible creature. Recent studies indicate that cuttlefish are among the most intelligent invertebrates. I took this picture and more others in Kuwait Aquarium (Biggest in Middle East). I have them published in facebook, PM me if interested.
Information about cuttlefish you can find here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuttlefish

Bees

Here's one from the other day:

Kenny P

Which photos can be entered?
Photos must be your own, and must be aquarium related
Ha Ha ...I'm in on a technicallity

Do I win, Do I win

I Rock..so please be nice!!

65G saltwater
15G "No Tech" cold water planted
2g Beta bowl
18x18x18 cube 3 Dendrobate Auratus
18x18x22 cube 2 Dendrobate Leucomela

FocusFin

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.