New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Enter now! April POTM contest - planted tanks

Started by OVAS-Webmaster, April 04, 2011, 07:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OVAS-Webmaster

The theme this month is planted tanks - full tank pictures please.

Submit your pictures until April 30st.

Please see the POTM rules.
Don't forget that OVAS has a separate webpage as well.  http://ovas.ca/ovas/

Visit us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

OVAS on Instagram

Please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules

freshfishies

GeneBe

My first planted tank! A 30 gal cube for my Amazon puffers. Keeping it neat is an everyday challenge as the puffers love to "taste" anything and everything, especially cute little leafs jiggling in the current. I end up with half-round holes in the leafs and cut-off heads... but that only means they love it in there!.. and an albino ancistrus keeps it clean and tidy.
Sent from my tank

Jeff1192

My most recent shot of my 90 gallon planted.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Patrick S

Here is our 180 gal tank (6ft x 2ft x 2ft). Originally, it was supposed to hold cold water fish. However, we never found the fish we were looking for. After one year, we turned it into a tropical community tank. Frustrated no being able to grow even simple plants, I spent last November and December reading and learning everything I could on planted tanks. In January 2011, we completely reviewed our water parameters and started with some CO2 injection. I am glad we did.

Patrick

asmackay

This is my 75 gallon with pressurrized CO2 and DIY CO2 reactor built using whole home water filter.  Tank is 14 months old now. Mostly tetra's, GBR's and Corys.

220G African planted
75G High Tech planted inprogress
550G Pond with Waterfall
3000G Pond in progress
Hobbies, video's http://www.youtube.com/user/newday3000

garnpet

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Feivel

My 90g planted tank. I acquired all my plants from various club members. thanks again to all that have helped me out :)