New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

33 gallon build

Started by White Lightning, November 13, 2010, 04:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Lightning

Hello there fish friends!

A couple of moths ago I decided that my 125 gallon FOWLR tank was getting quite boring. I had shut down my reef tank and coverted things into a FOWLR tank. After about five months I really missed the color and movement that a reef tank provides so I converted the 125 into a freshwater tank and made my 33 gallon tank a little reef. This tank started out as brackish, went to saltwater then to fresh and now it's back to salt. All five tanks that I have have either been salt or fresh at one point or another. WOW...when I put it like that the wife is right... I really can't ever make up my mind.

Anyways, this tank has been up for about two and a half months. This is a very basic set up. No skimmer, PC lighting, fuge or any other of the fancy gadgets that are available for reefkeeping.

I do plan on upgrading my light but that's about it. I complete 30% water changes weekly and supplement with tropic marin bio cal and the occasional Kent magnesium.

Right now the only fish in there are a pair of clowns. I may add a pistol/goby combo and that's it for fish. Also have to grab a filefish for some clean up of the aptasia outbreak. What a pain....

White Lightning

White Lightning

Got rid of the PCs and added a tek light yesterday

Cheebs

It's looking really good!! Nice Tank.

Severum

Sweet set up!

It the torch on the right not stinging the tar out of that leather right next to it?
Regards,
Steve Everum

"We like people for their qualities, but love them for their defects."

120 gallon reef

Hookup

very clean an slick looking.

White Lightning

Surprisingly the torch does not reach the leather. The powerhead is positioned as such that it blows it away from teh leather. Eventually I'll have to move the torch though.