New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Nudibranch ID?

Started by JetJumper, February 26, 2012, 10:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetJumper

Trying to see if I can get an ID on this guy before condemning his life to the toilet.
Yellow in colour, has frills so its not a slug.
Found close to a leather coral.

Thanks!
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

dakrazyone

please do not flush down the toilet, we wouldn't want that to become an invasive species lol.

Cheebs

My googling skills have been put to the test on this one... no idea, yet!

mmaisonneuve

Strong possibility it's a Lettuce Nudi. I'd take it if you decide to flush it
90g Tank, 50g Sump. Super Reef Octopus 2000 skimmer , 1 Bio Beads reactor, 1 GFO Reactor, 1 Carbon Reactor, 2 Ecotech Radion XR30w, 3 Vortech MP10w ES,  Eheim 1260 Return Pump. AquaController Apex System. SPS Reef with Purple Tang, Yellow Tang, Dejardini Tang, Mated pair Madanrin, Clown, Purple Fire Fish, Bengali Cardinals, Coral Beauty. Tons and tons of Snail and Hermits

JetJumper

Quote from: mmaisonneuve on February 27, 2012, 04:05:29 PM
Strong possibility it's a Lettuce Nudi. I'd take it if you decide to flush it

I thought they were green?  this guy is a strong yellow colour with no other dots, or strips, or anything.  Just yellow :(

mmaisonneuve

There is at least 4 variety of the Lettuce Nudibranch
90g Tank, 50g Sump. Super Reef Octopus 2000 skimmer , 1 Bio Beads reactor, 1 GFO Reactor, 1 Carbon Reactor, 2 Ecotech Radion XR30w, 3 Vortech MP10w ES,  Eheim 1260 Return Pump. AquaController Apex System. SPS Reef with Purple Tang, Yellow Tang, Dejardini Tang, Mated pair Madanrin, Clown, Purple Fire Fish, Bengali Cardinals, Coral Beauty. Tons and tons of Snail and Hermits

redbelly

Its definately not a lettuce nudi.

Chances are if you found it on/near your leather its a nudi that eats leathers (or another corals nearby)

I have seen all kinds of strange nudis come off coral when I dip them including nudis that eat and look EXACTLY like goniapora!

Garbage would be better than the toilet. Although I doubt it would become an invasive sp somebody probably also said that about lion fish in the Florida keys.

I would toss him and bid yhour coral in some Coral Rx or flatworm exit at super high concentrations.

Vincenzo.

What was it eating¿

`hi pat¡

Rybren

Vince!  Where have you been hiding?

to the OP:  sorry.I know nothing about nudis.
120G Reef

Vincenzo.

The beast is back bro.

Btw better pic on that nudi b nice. There are a hundred yellowish nudi`s. Need better description

JetJumper

Thanks to all who have replied.  I took the liberty to flush him.  I believe he was eating my leather.