New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fluval Ebi (First planted tank)

Started by jshchrtn, December 05, 2011, 11:59:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alcibiades87

So Josh hurry up and get yourself a bigger tank so you can stop whining to me about it lol  ;)

charlie

Quote from: alcibiades87 on December 28, 2011, 11:45:28 PM
So Josh hurry up and get yourself a bigger tank so you can stop whining to me about it lol  ;)
Josh has the fever -it won`t be long :)

jshchrtn

Ya your both right lol, hopefully start piecing it together over the next couple months, dont want to rush it haha gonna try to savor every moment of putting it together!
Till then I'll just drool over all the tanks on here haha!

touchofsky

Yes, I also find that planning a tank is a lot of fun.  You should also keep an eye out on the classifieds in this forum, and on Kijiji.

jshchrtn

Todays update, no new additions but plants are growing well and my one crs thats carrying eggs is doing well.  Just cool to watch the tank slowly mature! I take all of my pictures with an iphone 3g so thats why thery are always so bad lol!  I am also waiting on Hagen to send me a replacement 13w lamp for my second lamp only lasted one month again. 

touchofsky

Your tank is looking very good.  Congratulations on your success on your first planted tank  :)

jshchrtn

Thanks for everyone who has checked out my ebi and commented!

I added 2 amano shrimp a couple days ago and so far they have shown no aggression to my crystal red shrimp.  They are way more active then the crystal shrimp tho lol.  Even in the last couple days I have seen less algae on my slow growing plants, they even have eaten the thread algae.  

Tank currently contains a cleaning crew of:
2 otos
2 amano shrimp
1 zebra nerite
1 tiger nerite

Approx 15 Crystal red shrimp adults to juvenile with 2 or 3 berried shrimp!

Heres a couple pictures!

Peekay

bad luck with the light.. I hope they get you a new one soon.

I was having fun playing spot the critters in your pics! 
Amano shrimp are great.. glad to hear they're fitting in. 

touchofsky

Your tank look great.  The nerite is pretty  :)

jshchrtn

Got an extra light today, looks so much better with two lights! Plants will be happier now, still waiting on the replacement then I'll run three on it for 8-10 hours and see how that goes.  Awesome starter tank!

jshchrtn

Took a couple pics of my berried shrimp and the tank with two lights again.  This tank hides in my basement bathroom mostly because my entire basement is empty and my girlfriend doesn't think it should be brought upstairs lol
I have talked her into the larger tank though i have to save up! Still have to put in hardwood floors and laundry equipment haha, priorities i guess lol

touchofsky

Handy location for water changes, though  ;D

jshchrtn

Quote from: touchofsky on January 13, 2012, 04:38:52 PM
Handy location for water changes, though  ;D

Ya thats true I do want to put it on a nice stand someday tho lol

touchofsky

Yes, it would look quite elegant on a nice tall stand.

jshchrtn

Quote from: touchofsky on January 16, 2012, 10:06:23 AM
Yes, it would look quite elegant on a nice tall stand.

Ya I agree might design one or just grab a shelf from ikea lol

One of my berried shrimp has had a minimum of 6 offspring today :D, did some trimming, was gonna trim the moss but I will wait till the tiny shrimp get larger. Wish i had a good camera to get a close up shot they are crazy tiny like 1-2mm in size.  Plants also seem to be growing faster with the two cf 13w lights.  I have a third cf 13w fixture I have yet to decide if i should place it on. 2 lights seem to be doing well... 3 lights may just look dumb lol

touchofsky

I'd give it two weeks with the two lights to see how things are growing.

What kind of camera are you using?

jshchrtn

Quote from: touchofsky on January 17, 2012, 03:26:26 PM
I'd give it two weeks with the two lights to see how things are growing.

What kind of camera are you using?

Just the one on my iPhone 3G haha
I sure need an upgrade lol

cdylnicki

jshchrtn

Counted a total of 7 tiny crs fry today while doing a water change!