New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tskinner's 20Gal Reef Build

Started by tskinner, April 06, 2008, 07:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tskinner

New FTS....added more sand to make it 2inch in depth.  Pics below

RoxyDog

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

tskinner

Well my depth was only about 3/4 inch to 1inch and I wanted it about 2 inchs.  Also the stuff I had before was bigger, 1-3.5mm grain, so i used a 0.25-1mm to create more surface area on the bottom of the tank so the cuc can do a better job of keeping it clean.  All the big pieces just accumlated crap and even with lots of flow and a good cuc, the bottom still looked pretty bad.  Just figured I'd try it out and see what happens.

az

AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

tskinner

what do you mean by a strainer? Its hooked to an remora.  I have all the parts that came with it but that was all I thought i needed.

groupie02

he means that maybe you should add a strainer to your powerhead before something gets sucked into it.  Nobody really enjoys that  ;)

tskinner

yeah i just looked through the box and found alittle strainer and attached it to the inlet....thanks guys

tskinner

Well I decided to attend the Aqua Valley anniversary sale this weekend and I ended up purchasing a bunch of stuff.  I picked up two rocks of palys/buttons/zoo's, 1 orange yuma, frogspawn, and a yellow watchman goby.  Also picked up a frag of orange zoo's from Marinescape.  Pics below.  I'm looking for suggestions on what to add to the left side of my tank above the arch.

tskinner

Well yet again this weekend, I went coral shopping.  I purchased 2 acans from Aquavalley, a zoo frag(for 10 bucks, what a steal when you see the picks below...30 heads or so  ;D ), traded my tongue coral for a pink monti and a zoo frag, and picked up 3 little zoo frags from a fellow ovas reefer, and also a candy cane that is recovering from what seems to be a rough life in the bottom of a tank.   I also picked up 2 purple firefish who are still kind of hiding away but come out every now and then to show off.  My next and last addition for fish is going to be a bangaii cardinal.  I plan on getting rid of the one the acans as real estate is getting low.  Pics below.  Thanks for looking and any comments are great.  Always open to suggestions on how to place stuff in my tank.

This the zoo frag I picked up from Marinescapes 30 or less tank.  Got it for 10 bucks.  It has about 30 heads and i fragged it up and attached it a piece of LR rubble.  What a steal I think.

Thanks for looking

Tyler.L

tskinner

Picked up the pair from Aquavalley at their sale.  They have lots in stock. Paid 23 each, so 46 for the pair.  Thanks for looking.

tskinner

Just alittle update.  Pics below. Thanks for looking.

tskinner

Well made some additions last night to my tank.  I picked up a bangaii cardinal, and another true perc from aqua valley as well as a true red gonipora(Gonna try my luck and see what happens).  I also picked up a nice purple/yellow zoo frag from Marinescape, as well as a hairy mushroom rock.  Then I sold one of my acans to jeffd to help free up somemore space in the tank.  I'm currently at work right now so I'll post some new pictures tomorrow for you guys to see.  Thanks for looking.

tskinner

Here are a bunch of new pics.  Hope you enjoy.  Suggestion to aquascaping or coral placement are welcomed.  Thanks for looking. 

tskinner

Some more pics for an update.  Not much as changed.  Added some new Zoo's from Adam but they are just sitting on the frag rack for now. 

tskinner

Well its been awhile since I updated or posted any more pics so I took a bunch and decided to post them below.  Thanks for looking.

Corals that I currently have growing out on the frag rack

And some fish pics. 

Notice how black the clowns have gotten since they started to host the paly's.  Is there any way to get them to stop hosting this piece?

Thanks for looking and please reply with some comments.

Thanks
Tyson