New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

160 Gal Custom Setup

Started by 5620, February 16, 2009, 08:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD

Hi there 5620, I just finished reading the whole thread on your 160 gal custom setup. I find it hard to believe some people were giving you grief over how you built your stand. Ultimately, the only person that needs to be happy with your work is you. Period. It would be nice to sometimes just tell those people to go fly a kite. Politically correct of not. I came across something similar with a guy with a 29 gallon bio cube. All done with high end equipment and absolutely beautiful. Some folks were razzing him over the $$$ he spent and how he could have done it for less.
In the end I think we are all very proud of what we do regardless how much time or money is invested. Too bad some people have to ruin our accomplishments.
I for one think you did a fine job regardless how or with what.
Job well done.
I don't think I could build something as nice. My stand was built out of 2 x 4's and plywood. I finished 3 sides with hardwood flooring and trim for durability and some pretty factor. I was going to use some select pine but figured the vacuum cleaner would have it marked up in a month.
Oh ya, mine can hold an elephant too! 12 inch centres and multiple diagonal braces in anticipation for a wavebox. All my equipment is downstairs so space underneath was of no concern.
Again, very nice.

Malyon18

I agree with JD. Very nice job can't wait to graduate and have time place and money to do something that impressive.
"Friends Don't Let Friends Go Plastic Reef"