New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Meeting question

Started by Jody, January 28, 2020, 01:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hiya folks,
Thanks for all who came out to last night's meeting. We had a total of 18 people out, including 5 execs.  Matt put on  great trivia night and I think everyone had fun.
Most meetings, we tend to get about 30-35 people out, so I am looking to figure why we had a lower attendance last night. As execs we want to bring content for the meetings that will interest people, bring them out and get them into the OVAS community. Obviously, if there is no interest, there is no point in us putting in effort to do certain events, talks etc.
This  question is strictly for feedback for the exec, no judgement. It is important for us as planners.
So my question, for members who don't come out to meetings or didn't make it last night is, why were you not able to attend?
A) lack of interest in topic
B) forgot there was a meeting
C) not available
D) other reason (specify if you like)
Thanks, I appreciate any feedback.
Jody

Kalinkacat

For me the problem is the new transit system.  Getting there I think I would be all right it's getting home after that has me concerned.

Gowalkitoff

I wanted to come but my husband had to work, so I had to stay with the kids.  Winter work!

HayleYoyo

I wanted to go, but January is a bad month for spending money.

lucius

I take the HellRT and I changed my work hours to avoid the crowds.  Now I don't get home until after 6 pm and I'm not really motivated to head through downtown again even though I have a car.

Jody

Thanks for the replies! Keep them coming!

Hayleyoyo, most meetings have very little to spend money on (beyond a membership if you don't already have one). Though sometimes there are goodies to be had from other members.
We had a 10 gallon tank ( free), white worms ( free) and flake food last night..

Jody

HayleYoyo

I thought there was a $25 cover charge

Jody

Nope, it is free to attend if you are a members. We would only ever charge a non member who comes to a couple of meetings..and only a few bucks at that.
Jody

lucius

On the OVAS FAQ page, it says that Non-Club Members can attend one free meeting and a $5 donation is required for each subsequent meeting.  Have any non-members ever donated?

https://www.ovas.ca/ovas/about-ovas/faq

Black_Rose

For me, it was A.

Perhaps if it was a knowledge presentation followed by the trivia aspect, I'd probably have gone.

neon1423

I really wanted to go and was excited for the trivia, but I had to work.