New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS logo idea

Started by Underwater, May 31, 2005, 12:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Underwater

I just got back from the meeting, too bad nobody decided to submit a logo.  On the bus I thought of an idea so I just whipped it up in photoshop.

It's a dirty version, just to get the idea.  If people like it I will spend more time making a nice clean hi-res version to submit officially.

What do you think?

Marc

Wow pretty cool... I like it... think you could fix it up some more?

Here's some thoughts if you do work on it some more... it has to be reasonably simple so that it will also look good when it's silk-screened on a t-shirt using only solid colors or put on something small like a name tag.

I had thought of something kinda like that but never got it figured well enough to get it to work nicely the way you have.

Marc

pegasus

I like it... but could you give it more of an African look. :) ... ok.. more of a cichlid look?

Nelson

Quote from: "Undawada"I just got back from the meeting, too bad nobody decided to submit a logo.  On the bus I thought of an idea so I just whipped it up in photoshop.

It's a dirty version, just to get the idea.  If people like it I will spend more time making a nice clean hi-res version to submit officially.

What do you think?

That is excellent - you're very creative undawada

Toss

Use blue JD (since most of you guys love it) form istead of clown fish. Just my suggestion.
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

Nelson

The concept probably wouldn't work with fish that don't have distinctive stripes which would allow for the natural looking separation in the letters.

Underwater

Yes unfortunately I don't think other types of fish lend themselves to this idea.

I was thinking of a yoyo loach with O.V.A.S. type markings, but I couldn't get it to look right.

It looks like this idea is reasonably well liked, so I'll make a cleaner, monochrome version for the next meeting.

Thanks for the good feedback!

BigDaddy

I really like it!  Nice job.

Marc

Don't forget that it doesn't have to look like any real fish, it could be just a generic fish.

You could also make 2 versions... one with a lot of colour that could be used on the web and any other high resolution applications and a monochrome version for low resolution applications.

dannypd

The clown fish is the best to peak the curiosity of the "nemo" generation...just my 2 and a half cents.

aidensmomma2000

Yeah- my son wants a "Nemo Fish"  :roll:

I like the logo though  :D

mseguin

Hey undawada, can u send the logo to me as a monochrome version, as a gif or jpeg file?