New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Need a witness & form

Started by dpatte, June 02, 2005, 03:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dpatte

I have succeeded in breeding glowlights and cherry barbs in the last month, and I need a witness to drop by and see the fry so I can get breeders award points.

I also have baby brichardis and guppies as well that I may as well get points for.

If you are passing by parkdale some day and can be a witness some day soon, could you please call my cell at 864-4240 (David)

Thanks

P.S. How can i get Breeder Award Program forms? Are they on the site somewhere?

Marc

Your webmaster has been slow in putting BAP stuff on the web.  I'm not sure if I have a form for it at home but I'll check.

Colin is the BAP guy until September.  You should email him at and ask him what you need to do.

Marc

mseguin

Colin gave me the forms, but he might still have some. David, I can drop by ur place sometime, let me know when is good for you, weekdays before 4 is best for me.

Marc

Matt,

If you've already taken over the bap job I'll switch the email id to forward emails to your email id.  Should I go ahead and do that? and should I use the email address in your profile?

Marc

artw

I can come by and take pictures if required.

dpatte

phone me anytime - days are also best 864-4240

i believe michel will be using my place for a depot for the fish order - maybe that would be good timing?

mseguin

I can come over on Sunday if u want, but I will be using Sue's place as the dropoff. Just let me know when, hopefully sometime between 1 and 3 :-)

dpatte

choose a time and i can confirm

gvv

Just curious - what age fry should be in order to be counted for BAP? Any limitation, or it is possible to start counting the next day the fry hatched?

Regards

mseguin

It's supposed to be at 8 weeks, but there can be a bit of leeway, like 6-10. Or later isn't a problem.

dpatte

count? how many fry are necessary?

ottawadiscus

"A man with hobbies never has time to waste" B.P

pegasus

Hi David,
I also should put up a call on all my witness.
Here's what I have now:

Fry  (1-3months)
N. brichardi, leleupi
A. Stuargranti, hueseri, jake, albino
I. spengerae
Red Empress

Juvies:
Lithobates, Tretocephalus, A. albino, hueseri, C44 & Yellow labs

Adults:
Red by Red, Crabro, Red Empress

TOTAL MADNESS

I guess your visit does not count unless the witness is also there to sign your papers?   Geeez, I'll tell Louise you're coming! :D

mseguin

In terms of numbers, the guideline is a reasonable amount of fry. Since that is pretty much impossible to define, its pretty uch soemthing reasonable based on what spewcies u are breeding, hopefully somewhere near typical production by that species. It's pretty much a judgment call.

artw

and I think they have to be alive for 3 months first.

gvv

Quote from: "artw"and I think they have to be alive for 3 months first.
If I understood correctly http://www.kwas.ca/Forms/BAPrules.pdf , 60 days after free swimming...

dpatte

ok - i think i left the parents in too long I suspect.

For the glowlights I only got 4 fry. For the cherry barbs I have 12 fry. I will try breeding them both again. The rules say they should be verified within 10 days after free swimming and again after 60 days.

Actually BigDaddy just came over to see them, but its already over 40 days since they presumably started swimming.

mseguin

The rules on the CAOAC website just say it needs to be verified around the 8 week mark. Andu  can still get them verified even if they're not enough this time, and add them to future spawns.

gvv

Sorry, does not want to hijack the thread, but have some additional questions. For example, my betta fry start free swimming 2 days ago - what should I do.
1. Whom to inform about it  - ?
2. Do I need anyone to confirm at this point or only after other 60 days?
3. How these points are counted? I din't find this info :oops:
4. What for are these breeding awards points? How I will use them for later on?

Regards

mseguin

Sorry, I dont really have time right now (work), but if u can wait maybe till tnogiht or tomorrow, I will post a brief outline of the program.
Thanks
Matt