New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Wanted: Laptop

Started by artw, September 14, 2005, 11:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

The Club would like to purchase a used laptop for the Auction. and to connect to a projector to hopefully replace that god awful TV at Jack Purcell.  the current one is out of date and needs repair, and repairing it would cost more than its worth.

we are looking for a Pentium 3 type with a DVD player/burner, and S-video out for a future projector,  and a wireless network card so I can do updates on my home network.

I have checked the usedottawa site and computer stores among others, but I would prefer to buy it from a known individual.  I figure it was just natural to ask  here.

Marx

so your saying you broke the laptop?

artw

yeah. that's what I am saying.

Marx

Marc

Marx, I know you're just joking but I should mention, in all fairness to Art, that the screen on the laptop has been flickering for a few years and whatever connection was breaking has finally bought it and the screen doesn't work at all anymore.  It's more a case of the laptop breaking rather than Art breaking it.

mseguin

Although the fist throguh the screen probably didn't help. J/k :-)

BigDaddy

Hmmm, like the sig Marc.

Maybe that should be in the FAQ for the forum as it relates to any exec.

jaracas

try this guy here

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174470

i bought one off him a while back and it's a pretty damn good machine, plays dvd's, burnd cd's and has everything you are looking for.

i'm sure he still has the second one for sale