New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Plant Contest - Let the flaming begin!

Started by BigDaddy, October 25, 2005, 12:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddy

So... this will be the only thread where mild flaming will be tolerated (see my previous posting about netiquette)  :lol:

Status reports, pics, updates, go for it.

Marc

Status report:  I got home late last night and I was too lazy  to do anything with my plant so I just tossed into a tank and left it floating on top of the water.  It's still there now.

BigDaddy

Quote from: "Marc"Status report:  I got home late last night and I was too lazy  to do anything with my plant so I just tossed into a tank and left it floating on top of the water.  It's still there now.

BAHAHA.

Well, that makes two of us.   :lol:

Shouganai

I had to turn my tank lights on again to plant it. It went in my 65g.. its one of those tanks that is 24" tall. Of course, I'm too much of a shortie to reach the bottom of the tank, and I've never had much luck with those planting tongs or whatever, so I have to get my fiance to plant all my plants for me.  :lol:

He LOVES doing that I'm sure.. I'm all "ok, move a little further back, now left.. YOUR OTHER LEFT!" hehe.

mseguin

Mine is officially planted, although it seems to be confused about which way the light is coming from :-)

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: "Shouganai"I had to turn my tank lights on again to plant it. It went in my 65g.. its one of those tanks that is 24" tall. Of course, I'm too much of a shortie to reach the bottom of the tank, and I've never had much luck with those planting tongs or whatever, so I have to get my fiance to plant all my plants for me.  :lol:

He LOVES doing that I'm sure.. I'm all "ok, move a little further back, now left.. YOUR OTHER LEFT!" hehe.

No no no, not those snails, the ones at the bottom :D

Marc

Quote from: "Shouganai"I had to turn my tank lights on again to plant it. It went in my 65g.. its one of those tanks that is 24" tall. Of course, I'm too much of a shortie to reach the bottom of the tank, and I've never had much luck with those planting tongs or whatever, so I have to get my fiance to plant all my plants for me.  :lol:

*sigh* He's got it good.  Better plants than living room furniture.  :lol:

darkdep

Mine is sitting in a bucket along with the other plants I got at the Auction last night.  Hopefully one of my vacant 30's will host the plants today or tommorow.  

You know what rocks about shotgunning together a plant tank?  No cycling!  :lol:

rockgarden

I'm still designing the lighting set-up to put inside the designer canopy that I purchased a the auction. Nothing but the best will do for this contest :).

Ron

Julie

rockgarden

No the other Ron  :)

BTW Someone else from OVAS was hoping to bump into you at the meeting last night. Sorry, don't know who.

Ron

from Kanata

Julie

Someone moderated this thread.  A comment was removed.

Julie

Marc

Quote from: "rockgarden"No the other Ron  :)

BTW Someone else from OVAS was hoping to bump into you at the meeting last night. Sorry, don't know who.

Ron

from Kanata

That was Nelson.

Julie

Now I understand - he wanted to borrow my leather pants.

Julie

Marc

Quote from: "Julie"Someone moderated this thread.  A comment was removed.

Julie

Edit:  Art must of deleted his own post.

Julie

Anyways, what kind of crypts were they?

Julie

artw

I deleted my post because big daddy said we could flame,  but he didnt say we could threadjack :D

darkdep

Quote from: "rockgarden"I'm still designing the lighting set-up to put inside the designer canopy that I purchased a the auction. Nothing but the best will do for this contest :).

Ron

You'll never defeat the uber-kick-butt canopy/lighting I'm building for my experimental "learn how not to kill plants" tank.  A big ol' 2.666 evil watts per gallon!

BTW: To emphasize how little threat I am in this contest, I can report that I have just successfully killed Java Fern in one of my tanks.  I am officially lame.

squeeker

It's official.  My plant is already melting.

BigDaddy

Quote from: "squeeker"It's official.  My plant is already melting.

That's what you get for outbidding me! :twisted: