New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Renters Insurance regarding aquariums

Started by MichelleTCM, January 11, 2021, 10:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichelleTCM

Does anyone have insurance that covers their aquariums? Specifically leak or break damage or if someone like maintenance were to break the aquarium while working around them? I am going to talk to an insurance broker but I am up to to 6 aquariums totaling 205 gallons and think it would be pertinent to look into it.

noahcw

I have renters insurance, just be very specific in asking the questions. I was told that the damage caused by an aquarium leak/break would be covered but the aquarium itself would not including livestock. Hope this helps.

Kalinkacat

Having almost had my 55 gallon stand collapse with the full 55 gallon tank on it, I did ask the question of my insurance agent.  Again, water damages are covered but not replacement of tank, equipment and livestock - unless its in an earthquake and you have earthquake coverage but again, livestock wouldn't be covered.

MichelleTCM

Thank you for everyone's help. I reached out to my broker and it will be 85$ more a year to add the water coverage but it is well worth it. I'd have to pay deductible then any sudden and accidental water damage would be covered.