New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS SUMMER BBQ JUNE 26th 2011

Started by wandmangels, April 20, 2011, 05:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wandmangels

This Years BBQ will be held on June 26th At Vincent Massey Park. We have site "H" reserved for our use but will try to get the covered area just inside the park again at the end of the parking lot this year in case of inclemant weather. We are planning a pig roast again this year with a "Pot Luck" for side dishes ie: salads, fruits, desserts.
Pop, juice and water will be provided by OVAS

Weather permitting we will be having some LIVE entertainment as well this year

As in past years this event is FREE for card holding "CLUB MEMBERS" and their families.
FORUM only members are welcome to attend BUT will have a $5 fee per person and bring something for the "potluck"
http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/data/2/rec_docs/1503_vm_map_andlegend.pdf

PARKING  IS $7 AT THE PARK

PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD STATING HOW MANY WILL ATTEND IN YOUR GROUP/FAMILY PLUS WHAT YOU PLAN TO BRING FOR THE POTLUCK SO WE CAN ORDER THE PROPER SIZE OF ROAST AND BEVERAGES

see here for pictures from last years BBQ   http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=gallery;cat=66                       

Nerine

Bringing something yummy...will update when the date draws nearer ;)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Thunda

Sounds like alot of fun and a good way to meet alot of members.  Looking forward to it, little early to say yeah for sure but will be able to confirm as the date gets a little closer.  Also will help more once I talk with the other half  ;) 

robt18

Sounds good to me! I'll talk to the mrs to see if it's a +1....

What's the live entertainment?

Fishnut

2075turner

So is there a fee for kiddies?  Ages are 4?  Do you want them added to my count or just the adults? ???

2075turner

Alrighty,

So I was thinking of bringing a platter of veggies and dip for the shing-dig.  Looking forward to seeing everyone there :)

Nerine

Looking forward to seeing you there Evelyn and family! :)

If you have any kid fun things (balls etc) bring them!
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

washefuzzy

Quote from: 2075turner on May 12, 2011, 12:12:09 AM
So is there a fee for kiddies?  Ages are 4?  Do you want them added to my count or just the adults? ???

If you are a card carrying member it's free for you and your family.  :)

2075turner

Quote from: washefuzzy on May 12, 2011, 11:48:59 AM
If you are a card carrying member there is fee for you and your family.  :)

Well I was just asking about the kids that are 4 more so than my hubby and teenager

2075turner

Quote from: Nerine on May 12, 2011, 10:24:49 AM

Will there be any other kids there?

Feivel

im thinking about coming and i will bring my daughter.

Nerine

my 2 1/2 yr old, Fishnut's son (I hope!) maybe Bitterman's kids? last year we had several kids :)

washefuzzy

Quote from: 2075turner on May 13, 2011, 12:01:33 AM
Well I was just asking about the kids that are 4 more so than my hubby and teenager

I'm so sorry the word fee was suppose to be free but I missed the r.  :D
So It is free for card carrying members and their families.

HappyGuppy

I am tentatively planning to come.  My wife & daughter will be away and I'm not sure if my son & I will be gone too yet or not.  If we're in Ottawa then we plan to attend.  Look forward to meeting some of you! :)

Fishnut

Quote from: Nerine on May 12, 2011, 10:24:49 AM

We'll be bringing a ball and a few outside toys for Fishnut Jr.  He won't share the ball but everything else will be ok to share :)

Maybe buy a jug of bubble making stuff and a bunch of bubble toys would be fun!

Nerine

Just a note, Country Roasters will be providing their services again this year for us :) they were fantastic last year and welcomed questions and photos of the roast!

2075turner

Quote from: Fishnut on May 13, 2011, 03:07:19 PM
We'll be bringing a ball and a few outside toys for Fishnut Jr.  He won't share the ball but everything else will be ok to share :)

Maybe buy a jug of bubble making stuff and a bunch of bubble toys would be fun!

That's what I was thinking of doing, just wondering how many kiddies there was going to be :)

2075turner

Quote from: Nerine on May 13, 2011, 08:55:20 AM
my 2 1/2 yr old, Fishnut's son (I hope!) maybe Bitterman's kids? last year we had several kids :)

Cool, we would like to make it a family day kind of thing for us :)

Nerine

Here's a good question hehe I just noticed or am I blind??! What time will the pig be done?? I'm trying to update the event on our page and just noticed we're lacking a time frame :) I know i personally will be there super early (soon as the park opens) to hold our spot...so if anyone else wants to keep us (Joyce, Virgil and myself) company we would love it!

2075turner

Nerine

I'm trying to find the times ...City of Ottawa isn't easy to contact!!

Nerine

actually it's a NCC park hehe they are not easy to contact!! trying to get a human is like pulling teeth...

The park doesn't technically have an open or close hehe but the parking lot opens at 7am

So I think we have to be there no later than 7am!!

Nerine

One more thing!! Can everyone please PM me with the ages and how many children are coming in your families!! Planning some goodies but need to know ages to have appropriate items

washefuzzy

Quote from: Nerine on May 21, 2011, 11:43:03 AM
actually it's a NCC park hehe they are not easy to contact!! trying to get a human is like pulling teeth...

The park doesn't technically have an open or close hehe but the parking lot opens at 7am

So I think we have to be there no later than 7am!!

Are you Crazy girl that's the middle of the night for me. Okay I'll come anyway just have to get hold of some caution tape and a couple a little signs saying reserved to attach to the tape. Rope would work just as good as the tape to cordon off our spot.

Thunda

Lisa and I live just up the road.  Just off Alta Vista near Heron road.  So we/her or I can pop down early as well though might have to make a couple trips back and forth.  :)

holachicka

I plan on coming with my daughters - 9 and 13.

Never been to a pig roast before - should be fun!

rockgarden

I think that my camera will make it this year ;).

ajm1961

I will be there in the PM - with wife and daughter in tow!
We can bring some creamy coleslaw and some chips.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Anja

Wooops, I thought I'd voted myself in ages ago. Apparently not so. Bummer and apologies.  :-[

I'll be by my sweet self (DH is on a conference that week) and bring a taco salad.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

Boston

Bruce

wandmangels

many of us will be there in the morning

BUT.... the Pig will not be ready untill 2:30-3pm

Fishnut

I got a PM form a forum user who will be in attendance with their significant other.  They will be bringing veggies and dip :)

Fishnut

GAMES!!

There are going to be a lot of people at the BBQ this year, so I have planned a few games to keep us entertained and laughing.  Games begin at 1pm!!

Each participant in a game will automatically recieve a ticket to enter into our draws for prizes.  The winner(s) of games will be awarded more tickets.  So, the more you participate, the more chanses you have of winning and the more tickets you can get to enter into the draws.

Shawn84

I will be bring cupcake that my gf will be making :)
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

bt

How late will this thing be going?

wandmangels

6-7pm or untill the last person leaves..lol

mseguin

Myself and Roxydog will be there, haven't figured out what I'm bringing yet.

Dorrie

I'll be there and bring cookies.

HappyGuppy

Problem... I can't find my Ovas card.  Not sure where it vanished.  Can I come without the card and have someone know that I won't be flashing my membership card?

bt

Wife and I intend be there sometime after 4.  We'll bring something desert-y (TBD) and will definitely be participating in that membership drive.

Dorrie

Renewed 2 memberships, but don't know if that counts as a drive.

Thanks again everyone, great roast!