New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Breakfast Saturday

Started by washefuzzy, June 06, 2011, 02:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

washefuzzy

Hello!

Come join us this Saturday, June 11th, for the OVAS monthly breakfast gathering at Summerhays Grill, every second Saturday of the month.
There will be good food and friendly banter with OVAS members.
Family and friends are also welcomed Smiley

Summerhays Grill http://www.summerhaysgrill.ca/BreakfastMenu/tabid/8120/Default.aspx
1971 Baseline, Near Algonquin College
10:30 a.m.
See you all there!

Come join us this Saturday, June 11th, for the OVAS monthly breakfast gathering at Summerhays Grill.
There will be good food and friendly banter with OVAS members.
Family and friends are also welcomed Smiley

Summerhays Grill http://www.summerhaysgrill.ca/BreakfastMenu/tabid/8120/Default.aspx
1971 Baseline, Near Algonquin College
10:30 a.m.
See you all there!

Anja

We won't be in town, but hope you have a good time. :o)
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

washefuzzy

Going to miss you guys being there.
I will be going see you Dorrie.

Nerine

I again won't be able to come :( I was hoping to be finished working in town, but i guess not!! but july should be quiet for me ...sorta!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

washefuzzy

I miss you being there Nerine.  :(

Nerine

Breakfast location has been changed correct? Just in case there is someone else looking to show up!! Joyce could you post it here please??
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats

Thunda

Ok just so I don't end up at the wrong place... I take it that it is NOT at Summerhays Grill anymore

Thunda

Ok well maybe we'll play it safe and try going to the next one.  That way we will be sure to be at the right place. 

washefuzzy

We are meeting at Oliveitta at the Trainyard. It's near Walmart. Same building as the dollar store but at the side near subway at 10:30.

Thunda

cool.  now another question.  We'll be going but seeing new.  Is there a reservation under ovas or something.

wandmangels

Wish I  had the right info before i left this morning...had a Great b-fast all by myself @ summerhays

Thunda

Sorry to have missed you but glad you had a great breakfast.  Hopefully we'll be able to make the next one as well.  Was nice meeting some of the members in person.

washefuzzy

Sorry Wayne. Hope you had a good breakfast. We shouldn't of changed the spot at the last minute. Getting people to show up and we start messing with their heads. Next time we will stay at Summerhayes. Otherwise it's to confusing.

Nerine

I say we change it up...I'm tired of Summerhayes haha

wandmangels

it doesnt matter where to me...just that the original post for this thread said summerhays...

SO...that is where i went

washefuzzy

Yeah! I shouldn't of changed the venue at the last minute but it would be nice to have a new venue.
Anyone have any ideas?

Anja

Hom, I'm partial to the Summerhays cause it's only one bus. Not that I'm adverse to longer distances in general, just that if it takes more than 45 min.-1h to bus to, I don't see myself rolling out of bed in time on a weekend morning. *sheepish grin*

That said, there's apparently a new Cora's on Richmond Rd., across from Lincoln Fields Mall. They're generally packed, though, so might need a reservation (which is a problem with most breakfast places on  Saturday, I guess). The Zola's and Local Hero on Robertson Rd. both offer breakfast on weekends. I have no clue about downtown (other than Zak's or Eggspectations, which are fantastic, but not good places for groups imho).
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

Nerine

I kinda was hoping we'd go somewhere not so far....

Bells Corners is 99 km's away from my house!! Would prefer central Ottawa area!!

Fil's Diner on Wellington price range $
Ralph & Son's on Carling price range $

and there is a diner near where Mila's shop used to be...it's tucked away in the back, some sort of truck stop style place, GREAT breakfast and atmosphere! :) <- found it :) Stan's Diner & Take out

Shawn84

Have you guy look into broadway? They have a couple of different location.
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

Nerine

yes they are also not bad :) have eaten at a few of their locations

Anja

It's the second Saturday this weekend. I'm up for breakfast at Summerhay's. Who else?

Dorrie

washefuzzy

washefuzzy

Actually I won't be there because I just found out I going to see SUSAN AGLUKARK in concert.
I'll miss yous!

wandmangels

Will the Breakfast be @ Summerhays or Oliveitta at the Trainyard????

would be VERY nice to clarify this as both places are still being talked about!!!

Anja

That's why I said Summerhays.

Bianca, you good with Summerhays as well? Will you be bringing the fish girls? I have a cute li'l Bristlenose here that's yours if you'd like to take him (her?) in.

Nerine

I'll be in town, but we're not going that far in :( car is being serviced over at St Laurent blvd...

Dorrie

Quote from: Anja on September 08, 2011, 03:13:55 PM
That's why I said Summerhays.

Bianca, you good with Summerhays as well? Will you be bringing the fish girls? I have a cute li'l Bristlenose here that's yours if you'd like to take him (her?) in.

I can make it out at Summerhays for sure :)

And I can bring one girl, but I'm down to three mosquito fish ???, so I'd appreciate if you could bring back a boy or two...

Laura

Quote from: washefuzzy on September 08, 2011, 10:59:57 AM
Actually I won't be there because I just found out I going to see SUSAN AGLUKARK in concert.

She's playing at 10:30 AM?
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Thunda

Quote from: Laura on September 09, 2011, 04:24:00 PM
She's playing at 10:30 AM?

Susan's on at 8pm but maybe because of going that night, needs to get other things taken care of ahead of time :)

Anja

Quote from: Dorrie on September 09, 2011, 12:10:42 PM
And I can bring one girl, but I'm down to three mosquito fish ???

Oh no. That's too bad.  :'(

Me too, though. I moved the guys into a bigger tank a couple of weeks ago and one of them is AWOL. I only found 3 out of 4. I'll try to catch one of them tomorrow morning.

washefuzzy

No Laura SUSAN AGLUKARK is playing in the evening but I don't want to spend 4 hours riding the bus in one day.