New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Golf Shirts available for order!

Started by robt18, January 22, 2012, 08:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robt18

Hey everyone,

As discussed is previous meetings, our OVAS golf shirts are now available for order! The golf shirts will be navy blue and feature our OVAS logo along with 'Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society' underneath. They are available by preorder, you can find the link here. Each shirt is $30 each regardless of size.

OVAS shirts will be worn by all executives to meetings and we encourage members to do the same in order to increase club visibility and support OVAS. Also they look pretty snazzy :)

Order now and we will get you your shirt(s) as soon as possible! If you do not wish to pay online you can bring cash to the meeting, please make sure we take down your name and size so we know what to order and who to contact!

Here is the link once more... http://ovas.ca/ovas/about-ovas/ovas-golf-shirts
Pres Rob

bizfromqc

That's great news. Love to play golf and love the aquarium hobby!

Bought mine online  :)

brotherluv

sas

ajm1961

Here's an approximation of what it would look like, based on the manufacturer catalogue description and picture, plus a superimposed picture of the OVAS logo and club name.  Gives you an idea.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

bizfromqc

Have we reached the minimum number of orders yet?

ajm1961

As far as I know, we are about 6 short of the minimum order of 24. Perhaps another member of the exec can confirm.
Ideally, it would be nice to get to get the order in in the next two weeks so we can all proudly wear them at the Giant Auction!
So, let's go people - show us some OVAS pride, put in your order TODAY!
Here is the link to the PayPal site (OVAS home page):
http://ovas.ca/ovas/

bizfromqc

I've been lobbying some of the members here to buy a shirt, hopefully we'll reach the minimum order...

ahhh... can't wait for the golf season to start  8)

charlie

Quote from: ajm1961 on February 05, 2012, 07:24:16 AM
As far as I know, we are about 6 short of the minimum order of 24. Perhaps another member of the exec can confirm.
Ideally, it would be nice to get to get the order in in the next two weeks so we can all proudly wear them at the Giant Auction!
So, let's go people - show us some OVAS pride, put in your order TODAY!
Here is the link to the PayPal site (OVAS home page):
http://ovas.ca/ovas/
Why don`t the club pick up the tab for the  6 required for the order or more, they make excellent door prizes as well as gifts for speakers & possibly sell at meetings , giant auction etc
Regards

bizfromqc

Quote from: charlie on February 08, 2012, 05:02:29 PM
Why don`t the club pick up the tab for the  6 required for the order or more, they make excellent door prizes as well as gifts for speakers & possibly sell at meetings , giant auction etc
Regards

That's a great idea!

Surely the club has enough money to bring speakers in, there must be some cash laying around somewhere to buy a couple of shirts  ;)

ajm1961

Here's the shirt, women's style...

There's still time to order - get yours via PayPal (see Rob's link at the beginning of the thread) or at the next OVAS meeting.

We're trying to wrap this up in the next few weeks!
Thanks for looking!

charlie

bizfromqc

Have we reached the minimum to put in an order?

ajm1961

No, we have not. We are short by 9 shirts. Unless things pick up by March 4, the day of the GA, we may have to cancel the order and refund those who have purchased shirts.
I apologize if it has taken this long to get the order together.

charlie

Quote from: ajm1961 on February 22, 2012, 06:35:06 PM
No, we have not. We are short by 9 shirts. Unless things pick up by March 4, the day of the GA, we may have to cancel the order and refund those who have purchased shirts.
Outside of myself ,bizfromqc & the exec.( i`m assuming the execs are buying shirts) how many have commited by buying the shirt?

bizfromqc

Quote from: ajm1961 on February 22, 2012, 06:35:06 PM

It would be unfortunate to have to cancel the order. Yes it would have been nice to get the shirts for the GA but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. Why don't we just postpone the order and try to get more people to commit to buying it (next meetings, GA, etc...)

As long as I have my shirt for the golf season, I don't mind waiting a bit before getting it 8)

charlie

My vote is to cancel it now & refund those few that committed, maybe try again in the future if the club can generate more membership with pride.
Errol

Fishnut

There are LOTS of you who go to other fish clubs' events...how many club members went to Ohio in November?  What aren't all of you guys ordering shirts?!  Wear some Ottawa pride when you're away.

Are the shirts unattractive?  Are they too expensive?

Lets go people!!  I want my shirt!

charlie

Maybe the club should try changing the logo to "ovas.ca"

JetJumper

Why is there a minimum order?  I have seen a few sites just searching briefly that do not have a minimum order requirement.  Just a curious question.

.: JetJumper's Zone :.