New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Annual BBQ Pig Roast!

Started by Fishnut, May 16, 2012, 07:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishnut

Bunky the clown is here and the pig is roasting!  Come join us!! Andrew Haydon Park, off Carling. Turn left as soon as you enter the park for the closest parking. We're in the blue and white covered bandshell!

silverhorns

Feivel

Had a blast at the bbq. Food was great. Id also like to thank everybody who participated in the seting up for their time. My family and I enjoyed ourselve greatly and loved bunky :-)

Country roaster did a great job.

Special thanks to our special tallent. Urban static. Great job guys keep up the good work. Sounded great.

charlie

WOW what a fun day, Big Thank you to all that made it out & all that made this a huge success
Sincere gratitude to "Urban Static" thank you thank you, you guys are awesome & last but not least "County Roasters lived up to their high standards & satisfied all present thank you.
Even the showers could not dampen the party, great time by all, especially all the little ones who enjoyed the clown food & music.
Thanks to each & everyone.

charlie

charlie

Nerine

GREAT food GREAT music! Virgil & I had a great time!! :) Thank you everyone for coming out and having fun!! Have photos will post later :D  Love the ones with the OVAS'ers looking into the water :D
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

charlie

Brine

touchofsky

The BBQ was great!  Thanks everyone for your hard work organizing.  Great food & entertainment  :)

Monte

We had a great time at the BBQ.

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard organizing and setting everything up.
A special thanks to Urban Static and Country Roasters.  :P

Oh and let's not forget Bunky for her great face painting.   :)
40 Gallon Breeder

fischkopp

Some more impression from today.

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

rockgarden

Fabulous pictures. Glad everyone had a great time and stayed safe during the storm.

I had actually forgotten about the event but Brian reminded me about the pig when I was getting some work done on my bike at Bushtakah. Was on Richmond when the rain really came down and hoped you all had safe shelter.

I arrived at Andrew Haydn about 2 PM and found the Greek Seniors picnic. ;D

I looked down from the hill and saw the bandstand group but didn't get close enough to the bandstand to realize that the bandstand group was the OVAS group. Forgot about live music being part of OVAS event or would have come down the hill and joined in. Instead I went wandering around the park looking for the right spot  :'(

BTW. If anyone is interested, I finished posting the last of a couple of hundred photos to my website this morning re my recent trip to New York City.  Didn't visit any aquariums though!  8) http://www.megapixeltravel.com/2012/06/im-back/

Ron

daworldisblack

Wow looks like a fun time! Too bad I couldn't make it but great to see it went well!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

[quote

Hi, so my wife and I are just getting into the hobby and figure that coming out to the roast is a good way to introduce ourselves to the club.

We just bought a second hand 250 gallon tank and will probably start to fill it with salt water some time next year. The floor needs to be reinforced first.

We will be bringing apple crisp/cobbler. We assume there are going to be plastic plates and forks available to eat it with.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

- Jonathan and Stephanie Herstead

][/quote]
It was a pleasure meeting you guys, thanks for coming out & supporting the club with your membership , looking forward to seeing you @ our monthly meetings.
Welcome to OVAS
Errol

washefuzzy

Most awesome pig roast ever!  :)