New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

March volunnteers needed

Started by charlie, December 04, 2012, 09:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

We are aware that the holidays are fast approaching & everyone is preoccupied, but we asking for you to consider volunteering to help the Club on the last weekend of March 2013.
If you can pencil in that weekend during the day  & indicate in this thread your willingness to help your club please do not hesitate to volunteer.
There will be several positions requiring help such as runners, auctioneers etc,full details will be forthcoming as soon  as possible, so please indicate if your willing to give back to your club.
Thanks Errol
President

exv152

Sounds like fun count me in...I hope I can still manage to purchase a few things while volunteering.
;)
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

fischkopp

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Stussi613

Quote from: exv152 on December 04, 2012, 09:59:45 AM
I hope I can still manage to purchase a few things while volunteering.
;)

It's never stopped Errol, Rob, Brine and others in the past :) :)
I haz reef tanks.

daworldisblack

Last weekend of March?! Nice! Won't clash with the birthday weekend this time so I am in!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

charlie

Heartened by the positive feedback thus far, but just releasied that weekend is Easter hmmm

limed

Brine

It's too early to say for sure but I'd love to do the auctioneering stuff again. It is fun.

exv152, the only problems you will have is a possible lack of money and convincing the rest of your household that you really do need the stuff.

exv152

Quote from: Brine on December 04, 2012, 02:34:33 PMexv152, the only problems you will have is a possible lack of money and convincing the rest of your household that you really do need the stuff.

Thanks Brine, I've got that angle covered, aquarium stuff just silently and mysterious appears at my place. It's the darndest thing!
???
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

charlie

Quote from: charlie on December 04, 2012, 12:07:05 PM
Heartened by the positive feedback thus far, but just releasied that weekend is Easter hmmm
Update -the event will be March 23 & 242013

pm

Quote from: charlie on December 05, 2012, 06:59:10 AM
...March 23 & 24...

Is the auction being split over two days, or do you have something else planned  :)

charlie

Quote from: pm on December 05, 2012, 07:11:15 AM
Is the auction being split over two days, or do you have something else planned  :)
[quote full details will be forthcoming as soon  as possible][/quote] ;)

charlie

Come on OVAS members we need Volunteers in this season of good will, commit now for March  ;)
Regards

fishmonger

Im 99% willing to commit, given that I had to bail a week ahead of the auction last year, Im afraid to put my name down in stone...  but if youll accept a 99% sign up, im there to do easy stuff like the raffles or draws.  :)

Feivel

Maybee if i knew what i was volunteering for, nothing in your posts says for what. it just says give back to the club and volunteer .... maybee a clearing of such info could initiate more members to participate

Stussi613

Quote from: Feivel on December 11, 2012, 10:39:12 PM
Maybee if i knew what i was volunteering for, nothing in your posts says for what. it just says give back to the club and volunteer .... maybee a clearing of such info could initiate more members to participate

We need volunteers for greeters, auction runners, raffle ticket sales...all sorts of things. 

The more volunteers we have the smoother things run. ;D
I haz reef tanks.

charlie

Quote from: charlie on December 04, 2012, 09:42:57 AM
We are aware that the holidays are fast approaching & everyone is preoccupied, but we asking for you to consider volunteering to help the Club on the last weekend of March 2013.
If you can pencil in that weekend during the day  & indicate in this thread your willingness to help your club please do not hesitate to volunteer.
There will be several positions requiring help such as runners, auctioneers etc,full details will be forthcoming as soon  as possible, so please indicate if your willing to give back to your club.
Thanks Errol
President

Feivel

Ok so how about a heading like " THE GREAT MARCH AUCTION NEEDS VOLUNTEERS" Cause no where does it say it is for the auction, i would have never guessed. especially for the newbies around. I realise im not that new here, but I didnt realise it was for the auction.

And still charlie, the highlighted text did not enlighten me on the subject of volunteering help you guys need assistance for. Im still clueless to it being about the auction. I expect the veterans to look forwards to the march auction like christmas :) hehe.

You guys have a salty section?

charlie

Fevial, thanks for that great catchy title.
The "details be forth coming as soon as possible"was to let everyone know that as soon as we have confirmation on everything it will be disclosed without delay.
The club always invite everyone regardless of what aspect of the hobby your interest is in, the last 4 Auction provisions & appeals were made to have vendors from the Marine aspect of the hobby & those provisions & appeals still continue.
Hope that helps
Looking forward to your support
Regards

charlie

Quote from: charlie on December 12, 2012, 08:19:29 AM
Fevial, thanks for that great catchy title.
The "details will be forth coming as soon as possible"was to let everyone know that as soon as we have confirmation on everything it will be disclosed without delay.
The club always invite everyone regardless of what aspect of the hobby your interest is in, the last 4 Auctions, provisions & appeals were made to have vendors from the Marine aspect of the hobby & those provisions & appeals still continue.
Hope that helps
Looking forward to your support
Regards
Here is a list  of volunteer positions we now have a need for, more may be added later as things get confirmed
Runners  - the more we have the smoother things will run
snack selling persons - at least 6 so we can rotate
Auctioners- at least 6
so we can rotate
clean up crew- as much as possible
Greeters - 4-6

fishmonger

Forgive if Ive missed this, Im tired (as usual)

Is the date set for the auction?

Stussi613

Quote from: fishmonger on January 28, 2013, 06:13:51 PM
Forgive if Ive missed this, Im tired (as usual)

Is the date set for the auction?

It has been set. See this post for more details!

http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=55672.0

Considering the expanded scope we need as many volunteers as we can get.
I haz reef tanks.

sidarnold

flyingpancake

Could volunteer thru the day as cashier on auction day...have lots of retail experience in it and am fast................

Flyingpancake

charlie

just a reminder we still need more volunteers.
Thanks to those who have indicated their willingness in this thread.
Regards

ceci

I'm not an OVAS member yet, but will be card carrying in the next week or so.

I would be willing to volunteer, lots of retail experience and food experience, not good with very heavy lifting tho (40+lbs). Would be happy to do just about anything on either or both days.

Really looking forward to this event and hopefully stocking my new tank :)

Ceci

ceci

Oh...I'd also be willing to donate some baked goods like cookies if that is of any benefit.

Ceci

charlie

Quote from: ceci on February 22, 2013, 09:36:55 AM
I'm not an OVAS member yet, but will be card carrying in the next week or so.

I would be willing to volunteer, lots of retail experience and food experience, not good with very heavy lifting tho (40+lbs). Would be happy to do just about anything on either or both days.

Really looking forward to this event and hopefully stocking my new tank :)

Ceci
Thank you so much, even if you are not a card carrying member we welcome anyone willing to volunteer

ceci

Maybe a silly question, how will volunteer duties be assigned? Is there some information session or is it just going to be sorted out at the event?

As much as I would love to make it out to the Feb meeting, I don't think I'll be able to. Just wondering how I'll figure out what shifts you want me there for and where to go/who to ask for when I get there :)

So excited as volunteering with force me to talk to some of the OVAS members and get to know you, it's a little intimidating joining such a tight knit group.

Thanks,
Ceci

sylros

Quote from: ceci on February 24, 2013, 02:27:55 PM
Maybe a silly question, how will volunteer duties be assigned? Is there some information session or is it just going to be sorted out at the event?

As much as I would love to make it out to the Feb meeting, I don't think I'll be able to. Just wondering how I'll figure out what shifts you want me there for and where to go/who to ask for when I get there :)

So excited as volunteering with force me to talk to some of the OVAS members and get to know you, it's a little intimidating joining such a tight knit group.

Thanks,
Ceci
Hi Ceci,

there will be a dedicated person responsible for the volunteers, and we're working on a schedule along with a description of the duties. This information will be provided ahead of time, once things have been firmed up. The people who will have expressed interest to volunteer ahead of time, will get the first pick of the available roles. Stay tuned! Thank you so much for your interest. Stay tuned.

ceci

Okay great :) looking forward to being a part of this event!:)

I'll await further contact,

cheerio,
ceci

sas

I'd like to volunteer to be a runner, and clean up crew. :)

exv152

In addition to myself, you can also count my son in, he can be a runner or whatever.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

fishmonger

Ive booked off March 24 from my work as a fishmonger LOL, still need me for raffle duties?  Im loving the west end location, will be nice to have parking!

charlie

Quote from: fishmonger on March 08, 2013, 09:07:26 AM
Ive booked off March 24 from my work as a fishmonger LOL, still need me for raffle duties?  Im loving the west end location, will be nice to have parking!
We do need you, if not Raffle there is always suitable options, thanks for your generosity.
Someone will be in touch with all the volunteers in the near future .
Kind Regards

sylros

Quote from: ceci on February 22, 2013, 09:45:10 AM
Oh...I'd also be willing to donate some baked goods like cookies if that is of any benefit.

Ceci
It turns out that the hotel is providing all of the food, all we have to do is sell the stuff. So we can't accept your offer for this event, but perhaps at our future meetings.

Thanks so much for the offer, it's very kind of you.

sylros

Hi all,

To make things easier, here is a Volunteer sign-up form created just for this purpose. http://ovas.ca/ovas/auctions/volunteer-submission-form

For those that have already indicated your interest, you can either fill-in this form or reply to the PM received for additional information.

Thanks everyone for your participation. There is still time and we need more people.

cdylnicki

Hey,

I know its sorta late, but can I come early tomorrow to help with setup?

Carrie

Stussi613

Quote from: cdylnicki on March 23, 2013, 04:43:57 PM
Hey,

Carrie

That would be great!  When you get to the hotel, please see Sylvie R, the program director.
I haz reef tanks.

sas

Quote from: cdylnicki on March 23, 2013, 04:43:57 PM
Hey,

Carrie

Never too late to volunteer, tomorrow is going to be crazy fun.

cdylnicki

charlie

To all the volunteers that were able to attend, we are grateful for your time & commitment.
Stay tuned - we will be having a little appreciation party for you  ;) without you guy`s we would not be enjoying the success of this venture, again thank you & your family .
Errol

exv152

Quote from: charlie on March 25, 2013, 07:38:55 PM
To all the volunteers that were able to attend, we are grateful for your time & commitment.
Stay tuned - we will be having a little appreciation party for you  ;) without you guy`s we would not be enjoying the success of this venture, again thank you & your family .
Errol

Errol, Thanks to you and everyone else who helped organized the event. I had an awesome time, and like Greg, I was high as a kite even well after the event was over on sunday. You guys out did yourselves with this one.
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g