New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Donation fish and Tanks

Started by Jody, September 25, 2018, 12:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hiya Folks,
   As I mentioned at the meeting, we have someone that is looking to re-home some  tanks and equipment.
He is down in Brockville, and would need someone to go down, help tear down the tanks, bag the fish and the take everything away.
There is a 65 gallon, 40 gallon, 32 gallon, 15 gallon, stand, and various other equipment.
Also, included are a group of Tropheus chipimbi, julidochromis transcriptus gombe, lamprologus similis, neolamprologus compressiceps, Ophthalmotilapia boops, O. nasutus, xenotilapia ornatipinnis and others. Also a mixed tank with some ram and red rainbows, and others..
  If there is anyone interested in some or potentially all of this, he is offering to give it away to whomever can take it.

If you are interested, and want to go get it, I can provide the contact info for him.
He needs it moved on or prior to the Thanksgiving weekend.

Jody

Christianloug

Are there stands with any of them? I think I'm interested in either the 30 or 40, and all the equipment with them, maybe some other equipment depending what there is

Jody

He said there is a stand or for the 65 and 40. Now I am not sure if it is one each or one for the two.
He is looking to get everything taken. So hopefully a couple of people can work together to go get everything and split it
Jody

Christianloug

Alright well then I'll take the 40 and stand and filters or whatever and if the 65 is part of the same stand then I'll take that too, did he mention what other items like filters and stuff that he had?

Bob_S

I would be interested in the Tropheus chipimbi (how many in the group?)

Also the neolamprologus compressiceps.(quantity)

Looks like a great selection of Tanganyikan Cichlids.

I am headed out of town for a couple of weeks but will check back in October.

thanks;

120g  Yellow Labs, PS Socolofi,  Neolomprologus leleupi , compressiceps Chaitika
30g Albino Pleco's
30g Planted, 10g cherry shrimp

new_hobby

I would be interested in ram, red rainbow and other community fishes.

Jody

He is available for us to go down this Sunday.
I can take one person down, and if someone else with a vehicle that can load stuff up is able to go down, we can arrange a time.
Please let me know if you are
A. Interested in some free fish stuff
B. Available to go help
C. Have a vehicle capable of moving some tanks or other large items.

First choices go to those able to help out.

Jody

Christianloug

I'm sure we could help with moving a bit, but I'm definitely interested in the tanks

k1ng

I would be interested in the Tropheus chipimbi, xenotilapia ornatipinnis, and the red rainbows.

I am available to tag along and help this Sunday.

Jody

Okay, lots of interest.
Who is willing to drive down and has a vehicle that can hold a couple of tanks?
Obviously, there is a lot of interest in certain fish, so we will have to make sure we can share them fairly.
I would like to leave Ottawa by about 9 am, so we can get everything done and still have a bit of the day.
Jody

Christianloug

Sadly it looks like I may be busy this weekend and won't be able to pick up any tanks, but if I'm available I'll let you know 

Jody

Obviously, it goes without saying, that paid club members get priority...

Jody

Okay, so the plan is to go down Sunday morning.
We can meet up at Big Al's at 9 am and leave from there.
I can take the work van down, and one passenger. We should be able to load everything in that, but a second vehicle that can load some stuff would be decent to have.
I figure no more than 3 other people going down, as I don't know the space we have to work in.
The first three members (assuming one has a vehicle) that post here that they are in will be the ones to go.
Jody

matttimms49

I can come and help out Sunday morning. If I can grab the spot in the van that would be awesome.

Cheers,
Matt

Jody

Actually, let's make the meet up by Critter jungle at 9 Sunday.
That way it is more on the way.

Jody

matttimms49

that works for me. See you on Sunday

Just saw there was a 15 available that I might take dibs on depending on condition

limmer

I would be interested in a pair of Similis if it is no problem.

Jody

Okay for those that are interested there are the following terms up for grabs
Pick up today is best or could be arranged to be dropped off today depending where you are
90 gal plus stand
Various job filters
45 gallon plus stand (center brace is broken)
Group of tropheus
Some feather fins
Julie transcripts
Rams

Jody

The tropheus are gone and there is interest in the 90 gallon.

Jody

new_hobby

I am still interested in the Rams if nobody takes them yet.