New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Garage Sale 2019 - Saturday, Sept 14th at JA Dulude Arena - BOOK YOUR TABLE

Started by tanksalot360, August 27, 2019, 04:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanksalot360

OVAS Garage Sale - Please note alternate location for this event only

Saturday, September 14th, 2019
JA Dulude Arena in the Mel Baker Hall 10:00am - 1:00pm
941 Clyde Ave, Ottawa, ON K2C 4B2
https://goo.gl/maps/bG6g5RLStipAshUC9

Buy, Sell, Trade anything aquarium, including new or used equipment (aquariums, filters, etc.), packaged food, driftwood, rocks, aquarium decorations, etc., as well as, livestock (fish, invertebrates, plants, coral, etc.).

Sellers: *Book a Table*
Respond to this thread with how many tables you should need.

•   1st table is FREE for paid 2018-2019 members (you can also renew 2019-2020 membership at the event)
•   10$ per table for non-members or extra tables
•   Note: no charge for 5 or less "small" items - we will have a few group tables
•   No charge for donations (sale proceeds go to the club)
•   We have access to the arena starting at 9am for setup - get there early if you want a good spot

All items must be bagged and labelled properly for sale, including pricing. Visit www.ovas.ca/ovas/auctions/bagging-fish for details on how to properly package livestock.
Dry goods should be presentable and functioning; please test electronics before sales.
Sellers are responsible for supervising items and all transactions for the duration of the event. Any items that do not sell are to leave with the seller.

If you can't make it and have stuff to sell, try to make arrangements with another member or reach out to one of the execs and we'll see what we can do to assist with a proxy.

Buyers: Bring CA$H, TRUNK & TANK space!
•   Feel free to also post what you are looking for!

Bob_S

I well be bringing fish so would probably only need half a table or less.

Please put me down for shared table.

thanks;
120g  Yellow Labs, PS Socolofi,  Neolomprologus leleupi , compressiceps Chaitika
30g Albino Pleco's
30g Planted, 10g cherry shrimp

lucius

When can we renew online?  The Membership page still says Membership purchased now are valid until the end of September 2019.

th3budd

Quote from: lucius on August 28, 2019, 09:17:39 PM
When can we renew online?  The Membership page still says Membership purchased now are valid until the end of September 2019.

This has  been corrected. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Jody

Hiya folks,

I am looking forward to the upcoming season and the garage sale.
   Please put me down for one table. I have lots of fish and bunch of equipment to bring.

A couple of reminders
If you clean equipment before bring it, it tends to sell better.
For sellers and buyers, bring cash and change.
Remember anything you bring that doesn't sell, is your responsibility to take at the end of the day. This includes donations.
See you soon!
Jody

Anubias

mikmazmaz

Hey,

I bought my first membership ever at the beginning of this summer, am I qualified for a table? If so I'll take one! (or a shared one if they are large, I just have a few tanks and a chiller to sell).

Mike

ksj

90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

Jody

Hi Mikmazmaz,

Yes you are entitled to a table if you want one, or if it is just a few items then you can put them on one of the shared tables.

Jody

lucius

Anja

Please put me down for a table or half table. I'll be bringing some plants and fish.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

james

Please reserve a member  table for me for this event.  Thank s James Ho
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

Kalemh

I should be getting my membership that day so put me down for a table as well

Black_Rose

Christianloug

limed

Are you guys going to advertise this event?  Kijji....or other sites ,any poster made this year for the fish, stores?
If we want to see lots of people show up we need to advertise this event. Not only club members. show up.

Ed

limmer

Talked to Steve Cass.  He said he would have a few items. 
I told him there was a group table. Not sure if he will have more then 5 items or will need a half table.

sidarnold

I will be bringing jars of shrimp to sell - tangerine tigers, red cherries, chocolate cherries and black cherries. Ten or 15 shrimp per jar  Price is $2 / shrimp. Thanks for looking.

tanksalot360

Quote from: limed on September 09, 2019, 05:31:24 AM
  Are you guys going to advertise this event?  Kijji....or other sites ,any poster made this year for the fish, stores?
If we want to see lots of people show up we need to advertise this event. Not only club members. show up.

Ed

The ad is up on up Kijiji.
Please share our club posts on Facebook!

matttimms49

Sorry everyone, was very slow on getting ads up. Been a hectic few weeks moving house etc.

cici

Could I please reserve a table, thank you.
I have a  brand new Aquatop 24 gallon rimless tank for sale
I will also bring some decorations and ramshorn snails :)

Jody

So far 15 people booked tables, plus 3 shared or partial tables..looking good!

Jody

tanksalot360

One table please  :)

I'll have some equipment for smaller tanks. 3 tanks. Light canopies for 20"/24"/36" tanks. Plenty of dried leaves & combo botanical packs. And fish and plants of course. If you're looking for something in particular PM and I'll take a look for you.

Liam

charlie

Christianloug

I'll be bringing rocks, driftwood, filters and filter parts, fish (at least a pair of kribensis, maybe more) , and maybe more, still gotta go through my stuff

Les Poissons du Nord

Hello,
I want to reserve 2 tables.  :)
I'm not a member so do I pay when I arrive saturday?

I will bring lot of new stuff, use stuff, jewelry, shrimps and bristlenose.

If you want to know who I am, you can visit my Facebook page: Les Poissons du Nord

Best regards
Marie-Michelle
The aquarium is a passion. I have 45 aquariums and I make fish reproduction. My favorite fish is pleco and shrimps. My collection is:

Bristlenose/Pleco:
Temminckii shortfins, Temminckii longfins, Albinos shortfins, Albinos longfins, L144 shortfins, L144 longfins, Super Red shortfins, Super Red longfins, Calico shortfins, L183, L333, L201, L129, Blue Phantom.

Shrimps:
Red Cherry, Sakura Red, Bleue mix, Snowball, Red Rili and Amano

5 kinds of Sword Tail
4 kinds of Guppy
Sorry for my english I speak french :)
Marie-Michelle

flyingpancake

Wondering if anyone needs moina daphnia or vinager eels ?  Let me know so I can book a partial table.

charlie

Big thanks to all who made it out today, both vendors and buyers  was out in good numbers making it another successful season opener.
Special to our visiting hobbyist from Montreal.
Great deals all around and new friendships started.
See you guys at our first meeting at the Tom Brown Arena Monday Sept 30 th.
https://www.ovas.ca/ovas/archives/5262