Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Recent posts

Introductions / Re: hello, Cauliflower swordta...
Last post by TheNorthernAquarist - September 18, 2024, 09:45:26 AM
I'd be interested to hear if anyone has seen them in a local store, but I think your best bet might be to look online.
Introductions / hello, Cauliflower swordtail.
Last post by carlosmejia - September 16, 2024, 10:48:24 AM
Hi guys, in new in the group, I'm looking for return to the hobby, I would like to start with cauliflower swordtail, does anyone idea where can I find them ?
Equipment / DIY / Re: Resealing aquarium - which...
Last post by kyonis - September 14, 2024, 06:43:38 PM
Thank you Jody,

I just found the GE selection 1 at Canadian Tire so I got a tube. I just finished applying it and hopefully it all goes well once dry. I'll wait until it cures before I test it.

Wish me luck :-)
Equipment / DIY / Re: Resealing aquarium - which...
Last post by Jody - September 14, 2024, 05:33:23 PM
Hi Kyonis,

You can use any straight silicone. I have gotten the clear one from home depot or rona before.
It used to be called GE1, but they have changed it now and I don't know exactly what they call it anymore.

You can also get caulking gun tubes of aquarium silicone at Big Al's in clear or black for $19.99 (only a couple bucks more than the home depot these days.).

Jody
Equipment / DIY / Resealing aquarium - which sil...
Last post by kyonis - September 14, 2024, 02:21:44 PM
It has been many many years since I was on the form. Hope it is still as active as before :-).

I am resealing a 30 g tank that had a pin drop leak last year. I already cleaned the tank and removed the old silicon on the inside of the tank.

I went to get silicon but although I found the DAP mono 100% silicon at Home Depot, it says on the back not recommended for extended underwater use. They have only one item marked aquarium safe but it is in small tubes.

I saw that a few on the form attempted to reseal their tanks so I wanted to ask if I can use the regular 100% silicon tubes from home depot or not? What did u use?
Non-Member Classifieds / Re: LF full set up or parts
Last post by CarlP - September 13, 2024, 02:00:10 PM
I would have a 407 filter with glass Lilly pipes and a Fluval plant 3.0 light 24-34 inch available.
I have a Fluval T200 or 300 as well.
Non-Member Classifieds / Re: VERY URGENT. FRONTOSA TANK...
Last post by KarEn - September 12, 2024, 10:46:29 PM
The fish is given away. I now have 2 Eheim filters, 120 Gal tank, air pump and some other goodies.
let me know if anyone wants the tank. Take it all for $350.
Last post by Brine - September 12, 2024, 05:58:37 PM
Quote from: CarlP on September 12, 2024, 03:37:59 PMWhere are you located?
Beacon Hill
Very close to the intersection of Montreal and Ogilvie
Last post by CarlP - September 12, 2024, 03:37:59 PM
Where are you located?
Non-Member Classifieds / Re: VERY URGENT. FRONTOSA TANK...
Last post by new_hobby - September 12, 2024, 02:14:16 PM
Quote from: KarEn on September 12, 2024, 01:20:38 PMAnyone? The fish needs to go today. I can deal with the tank later.
I could take them off your hands. I have a 75G tank with just a few peacocks in it