New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

The Greater Ottawa Pond Parade

Started by babblefish1960, May 27, 2007, 09:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

The Pond Clinic Wants You & Your Koi For

The Greater Ottawa 2007 Annual Parade Of Ponds!

The Greater Ottawa 2007 Annual Parade of Ponds is only 6 weeks away! If you wish to include your pond on the tour your must register at our store location on or before Friday, June 15, 2007. We are limiting the tour to 35 ponds so register now to avoid disappointment!

Now in its 3rd consecutive year, The Pond Clinic is proud to present what has become one of the premier gardening events in Ottawa. The Greater Ottawa 2007 Annual Parade of Ponds will be held on Saturday, July 14th and Sunday, July 15th between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm. After the tour on Saturday evening, everyone is invited to meet up at a moonlight pond side reception for drinks and hors d'oeuvres.

Every year, dozens of area families and businesses have offered to share their lifestyle with the public and help raise money to fund research initiatives by the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.

These water features are truly awe inspiring; so much so that several guests on the tour last year were moved to tears. Marilyn Guty, one of the hosts on the tour, said openly at a recent water garden party at her home, "You know, I can come home from work having had the worst day imaginable - my husband Wally pours me a glass of wine, we relax by the pond, and then nothing else matters except being with one another." Claire & Helmuth Krausbar are another enthusiastic host couple living in the Britannia area. Claire explains, "Since we installed our water garden we have entertained friends we haven't seen in years. It's like having a cottage right here in the city. It's wonderful really."

The tour is sponsored by the Greater Ottawa Water Garden Society, a proud affiliate of the North American Water Garden Society. They are a non-profit organization dedicated to enjoyment, education, promotion, and protection of the water garden hobby. The gather monthly throughout the water garden season to share, learn & have fun. For details go to www.ottawaponds.ca

Guests of this self-guided tour will be given a ticket book with maps and directions to help guide them from pond to pond. Tickets are only $20 per person. Larger donations payable to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation are welcomed and encouraged. Admission is free for children 12 and under.

Tickets go on sale June 25th and can be purchased at The Pond Clinic Water Garden Centre located at 215 Stafford Road West (Off Moodie Drive). For more details contact The Pond Clinic at 613-225-7663 or visit www.pondclinic.com .

We look forward to seeing you on the tour!

RedFish

I went on this last year and it was great, some beautiful ponds out there.
Here are a few photos from last year

My favourite pond

and this neat creepy skeletony koi

washefuzzy

Thanks for the pics beautiful sites and the Koi is so cool! How long was this skeletol fish?
I loved to go on this adventure but I would need to pair up with somebody who actually has a car. I could even help out with gas money. HINT HINT ;)

RedFish

That Koi was about 7or 8 inches long I believe.
I do the west end tour, if you are nearish and want to hook up to come along for the ride that would be fine with me!
Pm me when the tour is a few days away.   Last year I bought the tickets on the same day as tour, and then continued on.

babblefish1960

A further update from our friends at the Pond Clinic.

215 Stafford Road West (off Moodie Drive)

Ottawa, ON K2H 9C1

Tel: 613-225-7663

www.pondclinic.com

2007 Annual Parade Of Ponds Tickets Now Available!

Now in its 3rd consecutive year, The Pond Clinic is proud to present what has become one of the premier gardening events in Ottawa. The Greater Ottawa 2007 Annual Parade of Ponds will be held on Saturday, July 14th and Sunday, July 15th between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm. After the tour on Saturday evening, everyone is invited to meet up at a BBQ pond side reception for drinks and hors d'oeuvres.

Over 25 area families and businesses have offered to share their water garden lifestyle with the public and help raise money to fund research initiatives by the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.

These water features are truly awe inspiring; so much so that several guests on the tour last year were moved to tears. Marilyn Guty, one of the hosts on the tour, said openly at a recent water garden party at her home, "You know, I can come home from work having had the worst day imaginable - my husband Wally pours me a glass of wine, we relax by the pond, and then nothing else matters except being with one another." Claire & Helmuth Krausbar are another enthusiastic host couple living in the Britannia area. Claire explains, "Since we installed our water garden we have entertained friends we haven't seen in years. It's like having a cottage right here in the city. It's wonderful really."

The tour is sponsored by the Greater Ottawa Water Garden Society, a proud affiliate of the North American Water Garden Society. They are a non-profit organization dedicated to enjoyment, education, promotion, and protection of the water garden hobby. The gather monthly throughout the water garden season to share, learn & have fun. For details go to www.ottawaponds.ca

Guests of this self-guided tour will be given a ticket book with maps and directions to help guide them from pond to pond. Tickets are only $20 per person. Larger donations payable to the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation are welcomed and encouraged. Admission is free for children 12 and under.

Tickets can now be purchased at The Pond Clinic Water Garden Centre located at 215 Stafford Road West (Off Moodie Drive) during business hours (Monday to Saturday – 9:00am to 5:00pm). For more details contact The Pond Clinic at 613-225-7663 or visit www.pondclinic.com .

We look forward to seeing you on the tour!

Sue

Good News for those of us East-Enders!
I just found out that tickets can now also be purchased from Rockcliffe Landscaping at 5495 CANOTEK ROAD as well as the Pond Clinic.

I'm really looking forward to going to this for the first time this year!

babblefish1960

Just a reminder to everyone interested in attending, the tickets are on sale right now during this week for the pond tour that is taking place this coming weekend. Hurry and buy yours, and as Sue mentioned, they are now for sale at Canotek road this year too.

The pond tour is this coming weekend, so don't forget your tickets.

babblefish1960

Heads up about a change on the tickets.

Attention Pond Tour Ticket Holders:  There are two changes to the ticket booklet, please take a moment to update your tickets now.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

2007 PARADE OF PONDS

Gordan/Marchand Residence

(See page 16 of ticket book)

OPEN FOR PUBLIC VIEWING:

Saturday, July 14th ONLY

Kealey Residence

(See page 15 of ticket book)

CLOSED FOR PUBLIC VIEWING:

Saturday, July 14th and Sunday, July 15th

THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.

THERE IS STILL TIME TO GET TICKETS: Ticket booklets will be available until 5pm Saturday July 14th.

The Pond Clinic Water Garden Centre

102-215 Stafford Road West

Ottawa, ON K2H 9C1

Tel: 613-225-7663

Fax: 613-225-7663

www.pondclinic.com