New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Patio ponds

Started by Anja, May 30, 2019, 01:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anja

I've had two patio pond barrels set up for weeks now, waiting for it to get warm enough to punt the rice fish outside. But it's been so cold that even the plants took a bit of a hit.
They're recovering now, so I'm still hoping, and checking for mosquito larvae in the meantime. I'm sorely tempted to catch the minnows out of the pond as a maintenance crew. 😂
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

Laura

Nice, do you run bubblers, or let the water be still? On your 250G I assume you bring the fish in?
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Anja

I run a small filter on one barrel  and a powerhead on the other, mainly to keep the surface moving.
The 250 has a skimmer and bio filter. The rosie's and common goldfish stay outside all winter with an airpump.
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)