New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ista co2 reactor - Cerges design

Started by charlie, November 10, 2014, 01:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

daworldisblack

Good to see the black case now- i used electric tape to black out mine so that there is no algae growth on the ceramic diffuser itself but I guess they thought about that now. Most who use this unit had that as a concern. Also the new changable ceramic tube idea is awesome - good idea if it needs replacement or easy to remove for a bleach dip. Another revenue stream for those guys as well but I also see it as a potential new flaw-point. Imagine the gasket failing and water all over the floor - the original's seals are tight!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

lucius

Amazon.com has one for sale, $38 down from $50, assuming they just didn't throw the picture of the newer version up.  No indication on how much a replacement ceramic tube will cost though.

Edit - Errol, I just saw your other post.  Did you post the right video for the Ista CO2 Reactor?

charlie

Think you guys talking about the ver 2 up which is another thread ;D

lucius

I think you've been shopping on ebay too much because you posted the same video in both threads.  ;)

charlie

Quote from: lucius on November 10, 2014, 10:20:33 PM
I think you've been shopping on ebay too much because you posted the same video in both threads.  ;)
You are right  ;D ;D
Link changed

pm

Looks exactly like the sera co2 reactor, and similar function to the ISTA Max Mix reactor.  The principle is the same on both (I have the latter), and the principle works extremely well.... 100% diffusion.