New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fox face

Started by bandit, February 11, 2011, 06:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit

So I just purchased a beautiful fox face rabbit-fish from Marinescape. He is amazing he has been in my tank for about 2hrs and is consuming hair algae and red slime like nobody' s business.

But my clowns do not like him at all especially my female percula, every time the fox face goes near there host the clowns nip at him and I just noticed my percula took his whole tail in his mouth and shook him like a dog :o. It appears she did no damage. This was shocking the fox face is over twice the size of the percula.

The question is these fish are venomous and if my clowns catch one of his spines will it kill them???? Or just teach them a valuable lesson. :-\ 

az

only the dorsal fin is venomous so chewing the tail is fine  ;D

they will get along just fine, no worries.

AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

bandit

thanks, my better half wasn't too impressed with the foxface and if it killed her clown I would never hear the end of it. They seem to be getting along better now.

The clowns are smart I guess one will sneak up on him when he is in there territory and nip his tail only.