New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

fish suggestion

Started by A6tiger, July 08, 2011, 10:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A6tiger

hey after all of my reef died i almost sold everything but i got over my frustration and i decided to keep the 90 gallonb setup only it will be fish only corals are too much care and too easy to losse so no more of them!The question is i want to go for fish a little bit more agressive like a lion fish and dont know what would look good with him...also what inverts/shrimp can i put with this guy

JetJumper

Get a Snowflake eel!!!! :D

School of Damsel's

Triggers

.: JetJumper's Zone :.

A6tiger

thanks greatwhite nice link i could keep a porcupine puffer with a lionfish but the problem is i'm scared that the puffer will; eat all the snails

dan2x38

No pro for sure but I know from freshwater puffer experience there is a point when the shells are to hard maybe the same is true for s/w puffers? If so ceriths very thick hard shell would be good, turbos to big, nassarius hide in substrate except during feeding... think nerites would be quickest to fall pry. That is my best guess.

I know they need shell fish to keep their teeth ground down or they'll over grow and literally the fish can starve.

I'd love to have a porcupine puffer but like my inverts to much. I did add a figure 8 puffer just acclimated him over 30 hrs. he is happy as can be over 3 weeks now he's been in there.

Good luck be interested to hear others opinions on this one.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."