New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

small marine tank

Started by ambushman2j, December 01, 2003, 08:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pisidan

That sounds nice cause I want to get something like a 30-40 gallon soon. I dont have permission from the wife for anything bigger lol!! But I want another tank so bad another 55 lol Ah well!! Guess I will have to suffer for a 30-40 gallon!!

ambushman2j

well I know that has always been the biggest problem with regular hagen tanks is that the standard canopy only has room for the one bulb, and that's not adaquite for most planted setups, so these new tanks will be really good

cerickson

Do you have an idea of how much they are planning to go for? $$?

ambushman2j

unfortunately not, when the waterhomes first game out they were quite expensive, and nobody was buying them, they were just buying the old style equivelent and I cannot blame them who wants to pay like 60$ extra for a different style but the exact same product?..when they noted nobody buying them, they lowered the price to just below the price of the old style starter kits, like .01 lower and they are starting to sell, so we will see how much they price the dual pro starter kits

cerickson

Oh I see.   I'm actually looking into getting a simple 10-20g starter kit for my mother for christmas.  It's is the one thing they don't have.

ambushman2j

They still have all the traditional starter kits, except the 20 gallon, although I think we do still have 1 left in stock over at merivale..unless it's been sold since I was last there..but last time I was in I was pretty sure I saw it there, give me a call today (sunday) 224-1212 and ask if we still have a traditional 20 gallon starter in stock, we have lots of 10 gallons tho

cerickson

She actually lives out in B.C though, so I'd have the hardest time lugging it over there when I fly back.. But I might be on the market for one myself come January.

ambushman2j

I found out today it's a 21 gallon dual light and a 32 gallon dual light, they are in the superpet gifts catalogue, price was not included and we have not received any as of yet