New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Mixing Damsel's with other fish

Started by LowKey, February 02, 2005, 08:24:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowKey

The blue damsel and yellow tailed damsels, are not as aggressive as others, such as the three striped and domino damsels.  With that said,  is it possible for less aggressive damsels to co exhist with other fish such as Tangs and clowns?

az

give it a try.......they are aggressive but lacks the size. if they dont behave....big als always give half credit (3.50).

az
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

RaceFaceR1

What size tank?
You want to mix what other fish with them?

I have a seperate tank for my damsels...  They are a pain in the
a** to catch.  The only reason I still have them is because my g.f likes them  :roll:

Marc

DARKPHREAK

I thought about mixxing my damsels in the main tank but I wouldnt want a 5$ fish to bother a 80$ fish. Damsels are scrappy little buggers so I wouldnt take the chance.

FishPassion

LOL I as well am hesitant to plop a six dollar fish in with my others no matter how much my wife likes damsels it aint gonna happen. I as well have heard that they are almost impossible to catch in a bigger tank and are lil troublemakers with other peacefull fish.
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

RaceFaceR1

Damsels are evil!

No way in hell that my damsels are going into my main tank...

Like I said before...  Only reason I still have them (in their own tank) is because my girlfriend likes them.  I've had them for almost 2 years now...

LowKey

Glad I posted. I think I'll back off on the idea as I am well of just how hard it is to catch the little buggers.   As I had mentioned, some damsel's are more fiesty then others.  Has anyone ever had any success mixing damsels with other fish? If so, what was the environment?

az

denny's rest on innes has one ugly blue demsel with a trigger, a puffer and some else....he is the ugliest and the most dominant in there.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca