New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

fish aficionados!!!!!!!

Started by yellowtang, March 07, 2004, 01:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowtang

Hello outhere!!!!!! another question to all those marine fish fanatics like myself. Has anybody ever seen a 100 gallon aquarium which is not homemade but for sale at any of the pet stores. I find that there are 90 and 110 and so on ,but not 100gallons. I think with the space at have at home a 100 would be just perfect.also anybody knows about wave makers and what they do?
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

vpilieci

Can't help you with the 100 gallon thing... but a wavemaker is basically just a circuit that alternates between powerheads in your tank creating "waves". The idea being it replicates the motion of the sea... if you are planning on having anemones these are must haves IMO they ensure the water is moving back and forth over the anemones tentacles allowing it to pluck little pieces of food from the current. With a one way flow the anemone can't do this as the food just whizzes by it.... if you know enough about electrical switches you can make one of these yourself. I think I have plans somewhere if you want...

VP