New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Header background extends right

Started by PaleoFishGirl, September 12, 2006, 04:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

I just noticed this but now it's bugging me... did it just show up or has it been there all along?

The blue gradient in the header extends to the right, past the bounding box.  You can even scroll horizontally to see it continue.  Anybody else seeing this?

It does it in Firefox and IE for me, but actually looks better in Firefox  :o

Muad'Dib

Hey PFG...
I'm not sure I know what your talking about.  Things look great for me. Blue gradient in header ( That's the box at the top with the fishy and the banner add, right?  ;) )  goes right across the box for me, but does not extent outside of it.

I'm viewing in in Firefox  on a 19" wide Screen monitor at 1440 x 900 if that helps.

50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

babblefish1960

Same here DFC, must be some nogoodnik playing with the underpinnings.

artw

Allow me to present Exhibit "A"
I never noticed it either LOL

[attachment deleted by admin]

babblefish1960

Exhibit "A" is proof positive that there is something afoot, perhaps a scriptkiddy or a whizbang technogeek can repair the offending article ere it become a black hole through which all great ideas fall out.

artw

Ah Hah! I can use that as my excuse BBF :D

BigDaddy

Since it only just happened today, and today marked the beginning of Pet Circus banners, IT logic dictates that the two must be related

artw

Exhibit "B", our very own Darkest Depechest's banner.

BigMomma

I'm not saying it's only with Pet Circus' banner.  I'm saying the problem is due to some change brought on when the Pet Circus banner was added.

Muad'Dib

Sorry PFG... I have to retract my last statement.
Everything looks great if the browser window is maxized , but if the window is resized  I see the same thing you and the others report.

50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

babblefish1960

Exhibit "B" clinches it, there's chicanery afoot most assuredly.

artw

adam_ottawa

Quote from: Muad'Dib on September 12, 2006, 06:39:10 PM
Sorry PFG... I have to retract my last statement.
Everything looks great if the browser window is maxized , but if the window is resized  I see the same thing you and the others report.

I concur with Muad'Dib

PaleoFishGirl

Funny, because even when my browser is maximized it still sticks out a bit out of the box.

s0me

Yea, it is stretched for me too.

artw

I am sure DannyPD or s0me or any other of our resident scriptkiddy or a whizbang technogeek can fix this.

murgus

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on September 13, 2006, 07:14:53 AM
Funny, because even when my browser is maximized it still sticks out a bit out of the box.

I do not see it when the browser is maximized either.  But I do see it when I reduce the size of the window.  The rest of the site dynamically resizes but the gradient background does not.

Andrew

BigDaddy

I see it on my maximized screen at work, but not my maximized screen at home.

darkdep