New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What are you bringing to the 2011 Giant Auction

Started by 2075turner, March 03, 2011, 04:22:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2075turner

FYI, I just registered some long veil angels, rummynose tetras, cardinals and discus.

Jeff1192

This is the best thread of the year! Always love seeing what people are bringing leading up to the auction. I unfortunately won't be bringing anything due to the BBA outbreak in my tank. It's too bad because I would have had a ton of plants to bring. Oh well, guess I'll just be a buyer!
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

ajm1961

Will there be a list of registered items available on this site before the auction like we have had in the past?
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

2075turner

I hope so....just to get an idea of what will be available :)

zima

There should be a list of preregistered items posted soon (says our auction chair).

I'll be bringing...wait for it....plants! There's not much else I seem to be doing well in this hobby  ;D

cichlidicted

hey all ... well i've been out of the hobby for a while ... so this should be a good refresher !! Ill be looking for plants and ill also be bringing Xiphophorus couchianus, and cardinal tetras...

Fishnut

I'm bringing 2 bags of Flame Moss and 2...maybe 3 bags of mixed moss.  This mixed bag is because the flame moss, java moss, weeping moss and christmas moss all grew together in a clump and by the time I had gotten around to trimming, it was a real tangle...so it's a mixed bunch.

The flame moss has been growing in a betta tank with nothing else, so at least I know what that is!!

All mosses were not in my BBA infested tank...just in case you were worried :)  I wouldn't wish BBA on ANYONE!!

bitterman

2 Bags on Burundi frontosa. Quanity per bag TBD.

Bruce

ajm1961

I'll be bringing a few bags of Acei yellow tail juvies, and maybe some yellow labs.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

robt18

I'm bringing a bunch of bristlenose plecos, both regular and albino, a lelpui and some peacocks (german red and sunshine).

White Lightning

I will be posting the list of registered items tomorrow night. I'll give you all a hint....
Everything is fish related.  :D

gvv

Anyone brings SW fish/corals?

Just wondering if there will be a frag tank, or I should think about this myself...

Regards

Fishnut

Someone is setting up a frag tank, so I guess there will be some there.  There was a decent number last year.

Don't forget everyone....bring SMALL bills ($10's and $5's) and LOTS of Looneys and Twooneys :)  I don't want to run out of change too quickly.

Fishnut

sas

Quote from: White Lightning on March 04, 2011, 12:49:12 AM
I will be posting the list of registered items tomorrow night. I'll give you all a hint....
Everything is fish related.  :D

Yipee I know what I'm doing tonight, making a shopping list, :D and
trying to figure out how to hide what I buy from the better half ???.

2075turner

Quote from: Fishnut on March 04, 2011, 02:53:18 PM
I almost forgot...I'll be bringing a special variety of fish as well:

http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=48884.0

LOL, very cool fish.  What is the scientific name of those???

Nerine

Don't know if I can hide anything from the hubby :\ soooo I might bring $10 and that's it. :( boo urns!

Evelyn - Pisces Crustulum ?
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Fishnut

Quote from: 2075turner on March 05, 2011, 02:21:04 PM
LOL, very cool fish.  What is the scientific name of those???

Sugareus Deliciousus Extremus

rockgarden

This is what my pile looks like in the front hallway at midnight.  Remember to bring a few dollars for raffle tickets.  8) 8) 8)

http://www.megapixeltravel.com/2011/03/ottawa-aquarium-society-ovas-annual-giant-auction-2011/

Ron

2075turner

Quote from: Fishnut on March 05, 2011, 08:42:52 PM
Sugareus Deliciousus Extremus

LOL, I will have to keep my eye out for those on the list :P