New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Harlem Shake at OVAS Meeting?

Started by ajm1961, February 21, 2013, 10:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

Should we "shake" things up a bit at our next meeting on Monday?
This would be totally zany!

Here's the latest craze on the Internet - one guy dances alone in the midst of people minding their own business, when all of a sudden everyone "dances".
All sorts of organizations are doing it - here are some samples:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCRiInR4nFyZU

I could record it on video and make it available on YouTube as well as through our forum. We need people to bring some masks or funny gear...
I know it's way out there, but hey, it could be fun...
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

ajm1961

OK - guess it is a bit too much... (so many reads, so few replies)

We could have used it as a promo for AquaMania!

How about I "dance" during the meeting then someone dunks my head in an aquarium! :P

Greatwhite

You could just pour a jug of milk over your head...  That seems to be ALMOST as cool as the Harlem Shake. :)

Keep on pushing to do this.  I'm sure you'll be able to get everyone who attends to participate.  It's only 30 seconds of their time, afterall.

wrm130

Ahhhh no.

I probably wont be at the meeting anyways...but if I were, I wouldnt.  I'm not much fun :p

sylros

even though this activity seems to be random, it is still choreographed or planned in some way. With Aquamania coming up, there's little time to put this together.

What a creative idea! Keep 'em coming.

ajm1961

We did the "shake" at Canadian Blood Services on Friday at noon. It was a lot of fun - I'll post the results once I get the link.

sylros

Quote from: ajm1961 on February 24, 2013, 09:03:29 PM
We did the "shake" at Canadian Blood Services on Friday at noon. It was a lot of fun - I'll post the results once I get the link.
Cool, I'd love to know how it's done. Perhaps my perception is incorrect. Love creative and spontaneous stuff.

Feivel

you tube it, its gone viral. Essentially one person dances while everyone goes about their business then all of a sudden everyone starts doing the boogy, sometimes using costumes and props, Its just everyone doing a silly dance really. very spontaneous :)

ajm1961

Here is the link to the video we shot last Friday at lunchtime (personal time). I'm the guy with the Sens jersey
Shakin'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R66bNBUMIqk

bitterman

Peekay

Ajm... That was awesome!  So many costumes.  And Darth has moves!  Lol! :)