New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Show and Tell!

Started by ajm1961, October 10, 2013, 09:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

Our next club meeting is Monday, October 28th, 7:00 PM at Tom Brown Arena.
We're planning a "show and tell". Attendees are asked to do a short presentation of some topic relevant to the hobby. Pictures, slide show, video, live specimens, or objects can be brought to support their presentation.
As usual, we will have a swap meet, and sellers can put any items into the mini-auction at a minimal cost of $1 per item.
Food will also be served at the break. (and maybe some ghouly treats for Halloween!)

Let us know in this thread if you're planning to come, and as applicable, the topic of your presentation!
Hope to see you in good numbers!
Let's share the passion and have some fun!
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

ajm1961

To get the ball rolling:
I will be doing a brief presentation "Blast from the past", with some clips from past newsletters in the early days of the club.

If any of you have access to old OVAS newsletters, please let me know - I'd like to compile some facts for the 60th anniversary celebrations next year. I have a few from the 80s, some from the early 60s and a few from the late 50s.

Now... anyone else? Shrimp pres? Or some tank pics?

Herstead

Hey everyone,

I will be putting together a "Highlights of the Library" presentation.

We have a great group of books, some not yet on the main listing, and they are one of the club's best resources. I hope to really get the library up to snuff this year.

The books I am presenting will be able to be signed out during that meeting so bring your $5 deposits.

- Jonathan
Current Set-Up: Mixed Reef 250g DT + 100g in Sump
Inhabitants: 2 Snowflake Clowns, 8 Bimac Anthias, 2 Mandarin Dragonets, Vigratus Rabbit Fish, Flame Angel, Purple Chromis, Atlantic Blue Tang, Sailfin Tang and lots of inverts.
Next Step: Set up controller and ATO. Really need to do this.

Stussi613

Let's do a roll call...

Who's coming to the meeting tomorrow night?
I haz reef tanks.

fischkopp

I will be showing some pictures that I took when I visited a couple of pet markets in China.
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

ajm1961

Looking forward to everyone's presentations.
Should be fun!