New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Volunteers needed

Started by ajm1961, November 11, 2013, 07:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajm1961

Hello fellow OVASians.

I come to you with a special and important request.
At the beginning of the season we started our campaign with some vacancies in the executive. In the past month, three members of our executive have stepped down due to other personal commitments and priorities:

- Errol, our President - now acting as Past President
- Shawn, our Corporate Affairs Chair
- Sylvie, our Program Director

This leaves us with only seven people to take care of the work for 12 positions. Let me recount the available positions:
- Vice-President
- Program Director
- Corporate Affairs
- Breeder's Chair
- Newsletter Chair

Unless we get additional volunteers - even as a "trainee", to help out and learn - we may be forced to make some unwanted changes to the current year's program. It is also essential that we get more people involved to ensure the club's future.

If you care about this club, now is the time to step up.
You may post your name on this thread to indicate your interest for a specific position, or just for general "helping out". You can also contact me directly if you have any questions.
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

Aquaticfinatic

I would help but being a sponsor that may conflict?? Come on people the club needs you. I see ovas not making it to its 61 st anniversary at this rate. Very sad.  >:(

Nienna

Please, even if you only have the name of someone you know who could contribute to the club's programming in the new year, let us know.

With fewer people doing hugely more than usual, the risk of buring out the entire executive team is not zero.

Nyx

It's important to remember that it's not just the club that benefits from volunteerism. When you volunteer, it can give you the opportunity to learn new skills that you might not otherwise learn in your daily life which you can add to your resume a little down the road. Years ago, I landed a supervisory job strictly based on my volunteer experience. I wouldn't have qualified for that position otherwise and it opened a lot of doors for me. So, please consider helping out so that OVAS's 60th year isn't its last year. Thank you.
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers