New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

bt's 75 tank

Started by bt, January 06, 2012, 11:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bt

This thread is long overdue...  I'd have more pictures, but I'm still working out how to get really good pictures of the finer details.

Not much in the tank yet other than rock, sand, some cuc and a rabbitfish.

Cheebs

Very cool! I can't wait to see it more filled in ;)

bt

Thanks!

I can wait (we got the tank in June), I just really, really don't want to ;D

dan2x38

Geeze some of that rock looks familiar? ;-) Looks great guys I'm more than jealous. Like mentioned be nice to see it in 6 months! BTW nice rock work like the open spaces and substrate area.

Other note if you are thinking on getting brain corals keep a close eye on your Foxface I had issues with mine he picked at my open brain it retracted and eventually died. Also hear dthey like other LPS like candycanes but mine never bother mine that I noticed. But I did get rid of it so once the brain was gone it might have took to the candycanes?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Thunda

Having to wait is the hardest part about saltwater ..  8)

dan2x38

It is cool to take monthly picks. Then later on you can watch the progression over a year or so. It was fun to see how it looked with no coraline then see it as it coloured up. Of course the addition fish/corals is fun to watch too!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

delslo

Quote from: dan2x38 on January 10, 2012, 01:03:23 PM
It is cool to take monthly picks. Then later on you can watch the progression over a year or so. It was fun to see how it looked with no coraline then see it as it coloured up. Of course the addition fish/corals is fun to watch too!

Well that's not good, in that case there are alot of us that are slacking. Nice looking tank!!!

bt

We added a hammer coral and a pair of peppermint shrimp 2 weeks ago.  The coral seems to be doing quite well.  Unfortunately, one peppermint was half a peppermint by the next day.  The status of the 2nd one was unknown... after the first week, we thought it must be dead too.  Then I thought I saw its antennae disappearing into a hole in the rock when the lights came on last Sunday.  Then aiptasia started disappearing.  I finally spotted the shimp last night, as it fed after lights out.

Also added a devil's hand leather earlier this week.  It opened up pretty good the first night, then not so much, but is starting to open up nicely again.

The most recent addition is a helfrichi firefish, who is just settling into the QT and is not ready for a photo shoot at this time.

Marx

Keep it up!! i love the rock work! and Hammer is one of my favorites too!!!

two thumbs up!!!