New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Shallow reef tanks

Started by dakrazyone, March 04, 2012, 09:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dakrazyone

Here is details of return pump:
Our new Water Blaster pumps are based off the same design as the Bubble Blaster pumps but intended for water circulation. These pumps feature a digital control circuit board inside that controls directional start up and RPM speeds. This smart circuit board will shut the pump off if it detects a problem.
Something never seen before on internal or external pumps is the Silicone Nitride shafts and bearings that we use. The benefit of this material is that it will not allow calcium to adhere to it like ceramic. This means less maintenance and cleaning and more time for you to enjoy your aquarium instead of working on it!
With the performance of these pumps and a 3-year warranty how can you go wrong.

Specifications:

* HY12,500W
* Watts: 170 watts
* Max Flow=3,300gph  8)

Fishdaddy = Shawn ?? Are u still in Stittsville?

fishdaddy

Quote from: dakrazyone on March 11, 2012, 12:23:42 AM

Fishdaddy = Shawn ?? Are u still in Stittsville?

no i bought a house in nepean

fishdaddy

can you put up a pic of the pumps i would like to get a visual. where did you get them?

fishdaddy

az

very good pump, lot of flow for very little consumption, 3 yr warranty is a nice bonus.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

dakrazyone

Finally after a few setbacks, starting to get more progress on the tanks.  Still thinking of ideas for the sump, until then it will be cycling and breaking in the skimmer.

dakrazyone

Thought i would post up some updated shots of 1 of the frag tanks. Doing a quick cycle and using some par38 lights temporary until i can make up my mind on lights.  I'm putting a lot of emphasis on routine maintenance (easy as possible), so plumbing and sump are on hold.

kole18

Bro what kind light is that your using on your tank?

dakrazyone

kole18

Not bad for your corals seems ok.

dakrazyone

yea just softies and mushrooms should be fine.

kole18

What kind of light your planning to install in this frag tank bro?

dakrazyone

i honestly don't know, i can't make up my mind, radion's, AI Sol, DIY LED or just stick with T5 setup. Too many choices now and more to come after Interzoo in a few weeks.