New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New Rimless Build

Started by ataller, July 04, 2012, 11:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSF

I'm surprised that it is easy to take it out when it is jammed in there tight enough to not fall down, not to mention not scratching the glass. Glad it worked out for you I would have never thought about doing it that way.

AZ magnets wouldn't work because screen frame is aluminium.

ataller

Tight but not that tight.

And scratching is not an issue because only the plastic corners are really all that tight. The aluminum frame pretty flexible.

Hookup

Quote from: ataller on July 14, 2012, 08:23:56 PM

No clips, no magnets. The screen top sits in there with friction alone. I spent a good amount of time sizing the frame exactly. I can slip the top in and out with relative ease, and yet when it is in there it is solid.

Nice...  Well planned and executed... 

NanoSF

Oh I see it now (in my head that is ;D) The plastic corners on the silicone of the tank corners. That is pretty clever.

ataller

Picked up a copperband and an ornate leopard wrasse from Az yesterday.

Once the moonlights came on, the ornate came out. Bad news though. She couldnt swim properly, like her head was too heavy, kept nose diving into everything.

I am hoping she is dazed from transport, and not poisoned with cyanide.

This morning I woke up looking for a body but it appears as if she buried herself again. I guess time will tell. 

Copperband is cute anyways, going to get him some blackworms, Critter Jungle has got them in for me before.

xenon

ataller

kole18

My CBB like brine mix/ spirulina won't take reg. brine or mysis. Sometimes I don't QT my fish only when I see it's in bad shape or sign of ich . Hey try blood worms that's also I feed my CBB & my wrasse too.

Wolf

can you tell me where you bought that fish,thanks.

kole18

He says at aqua valley to az, the store located in ogilve st. Laurent .

ataller

Quote from: kole18 on July 15, 2012, 03:06:51 PM
My CBB like brine mix/ spirulina won't take reg. brine or mysis. Sometimes I don't QT my fish only when I see it's in bad shape or sign of ich . Hey try blood worms that's also I feed my CBB & my wrasse too.

Kole,
  Try blackworms, you can get critter jungle to bring them in for you. They are much more nutritional than bloodworms. You can only get them live as far as I know. Gross but very effective. I used them when I weaned my multibanded dwarf angel onto prepared foods.

And Yes I buy pretty much all my fish at aqua valley.

Slider777

Hey,

Just curious where you got your plumbing from, specifically the gate valves that branch off to your reactors? I'd like to do something similar by running my reactors off my return pump.

Thanks!

ataller

I get the PVC fittings from PVC industrial.

U 29 174 Colonnade Rd S
Nepean‎ ON‎ K2E 7J5
Canada

Bulk reef supply is also pretty much one stop shopping for PVC fittings.

Slider777

Awesome Thanks!

Great tank by the way!!

ataller

Thanks,

I made some changes in the basement (plumbed in a 70G rubbermaid stock tank) and added some frags (zoas and sps) to the display I will try and get some pictures up.

Adam