New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

~waves~

Started by pawznpuddles, February 17, 2007, 10:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawznpuddles

hello all!

Been in the hobby for just under a year now, and while I've recommended the ovas site to many, i never actually have been on it myself until a couple of days ago  ::)

i was introduced to the hobby by my sister when she got a 20 gal as a b-day present, and then later pushed a little more into it by my boyfriend ;)

i have a 20 gallon long tank with 2 ryukin goldies, one named sunny and the other I'm still thinking on lol, i help take care of my sister's 75g tropical tank which is home to many cardinal tetra's, a couple sae's, a large pleco, a betta, some snails, and a few other various tropical's.

I live with a 125g african cichlid tank, a 30g mixed tropical, home of Quick-Draw the angel fish, and a 10g iso tank.

I'm also mommy to an awesome 3 and a bit year old black lab/rottie/burmese mix (read 100lb goofball  ;D) named Riley and a 12yo miniature poodle named co-co (both rescues).

so, that's a little about me! i look forward to meeting you all!

Laura

Welcome.
Nice to have more goldfish folk, soon you'll hopefully join us and become a snail weirdo too. ;D
You should check out the monthy meetings and auctions - it's nice to attach faces to online names (those nametags help) and there are some great deals to be had at auction (the next auction is March, although there is a special meeting in Feb)
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

beowulf

Welcome and I shall wave back.  Sounds like some nice tanks!!

Nerine

welcome to the group :) glad ya finally made it over here ;)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

babblefish1960

I hope you find us informative and amusing. Glad to hear you are enjoying your fish, that is half the hobby, the other half of course, would be the multiple tank syndrome that comes with really liking specific fish a lot that don't go together. ;)  And of course, welcome.

artw

Hey, *waves* welcome to the board.

babblefish1960

I am so glad I figured out who you are, now I can tease you mercilessly. Have a swell time looking around the site, and hopefully you'll try to come out to a meeting if you can.

Okay, okay, I never figured it out, you told me, but it still counts, I think. ;)

You have lots of reading to catch up on, and I would invite you to post your reasoning behind your website moniker in the on-line names thread in the lounge. :)